• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

J7 2015 not booting to bootloader

Sahilb909

Lurker
Apr 26, 2018
Hello, My J7 2015(SM-J700F) was getting slow so I planned to install a custom recovery. But to my disappointment when I tried to boot into the bootloader the phone just rebooted to system as normal. PS: The power button is also faulty so I tried rebooting it via adb. I then tried booting to recovery, and It did. In the recovery there was an option to boot to bootloader. when I selected that option the phone just rebooted as normal. So is there another way to install a custom recovery, or a way to access the bootloader? Please help as soon as possible.

Hello, My J7 2015(SM-J700F) was getting slow so I planned to install a custom recovery. But to my disappointment when I tried to boot into the bootloader the phone just rebooted to system as normal. PS: The power button is also faulty so I tried rebooting it via adb. I then tried booting to recovery, and It did. In the recovery there was an option to boot to bootloader. when I selected that option the phone just rebooted as normal. So is there another way to install a custom recovery, or a way to access the bootloader? Please help as soon as possible.

Use ODIN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones