• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

J7 will not notify text message

hoopharted

Lurker
Feb 7, 2018
i have been fighting this for a month now , it simply stopped notifying one day , which is a big problem for me since i use it to run a construction company , I'm so frustrated I'm ready to go to the dark side and buy an IPhone

ive also taken it to 2 separate Boost Mobile stores and they can not figure it out either , one guy tried to say i had to link SMS to Facebook Messenger to get it to notify , but since its a work phone that's not going to work for me especially when i am not a FB drone to begin with

ive been to every nook and cranny of this phone and there is no reason for it not to notify , sound is up , app is set for notifications , advance settings , every thing has been explored even if i didn't believe it had anything to do with SMS

i google searched and tried their reboot nonsense , no joy , this is my last ditch effort to resolve

please help

found a post on here about no email notifications , my issue was sms but figured close enough ,and figured worth a try fella said to turn off battery saving feature for the app , took me 3 times for it to take for some reason , but presto

thank you "joker"

settings > APPS > then the 3 stacked dots in upper right corner > special access > optimize battery usage > tap "apps not optimized" > all apps > then find messenger app

there will be 2 entries , first that says "messenger service" which you are unable to do anything with , the second simply messenger , turn that off , BACK OUT to home screen , then restart phone

send yourself a text , if it doesn't work try again , like i said took me 3 attempts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones