1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Jacked my phone up trying to root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TRS, Nov 15, 2009.

1. TRS

TRS Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    This is so embarrassing. All i've heard is how easy it is to root the G1 and since I've had it for a couple months I decided I'd do it tonight. Got the kids in bed and took off on this adventure while doing about ten other things. Long story short I went with TheUnlockr.com - Cell Phone How To's, Phone Reviews, and Wireless News! method and I messed something up where it sits at the G1 logo and never boots now. I believe the issue lies within the recovery as it does not have all the features shown in the video, but I didn't pay much attention to that since the version i DLed was newer then that of the video. I can not format the SD card as the video says to do (Fat32+Ext2+LinuxSwap) and even when loading the cyanogen over and over it does nothing. I'm sure I'm leaving out vital information. I hate being another dump FNG, but now I sit here with a useless G1. Not sure if it'll make any diference but wife has a g1 also. Please someone help me get back to a functioning phone.

Advertisement

2. TRS

TRS Lurker
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    Well after some more looking it seems i did flash the right recovery, perhaps didn't root right? I really don't know since this is my first attempt that seems to have gone terribly wrong.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    None

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Possibly you can try the guide in my signature or one from

Our Member NoOneHerYet (Senior Mod) Wiki Site ...
    GetYourDroidOn

Tags: