1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jailbreakme.com is back for iphone. Anything like this for android?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ultramodern, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ultramodern

ultramodern Newbie

If any of you guys can remember, one of the first jailbreaking methods for the early iphone and ipod touch was jailbreakme.com. You would just go to jailbreakme.com from your iphone's browser and click a button and bam: you're rooted. Well, now that the government has made rooting/jailbreaking legal, the sites back up and running for the iphone. Will there ever be something this easy for the Evo?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jgalan14

jgalan14 Android Enthusiast

unrevoked.com was doing it but kind of screw up after the update unless you have't update your phone at all

3. exBBuser

exBBuser Android Expert

Simple Root,Unrevoked does not give u full rooting privileges.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

Unrevoked3 does indeed give full root. It doesn't unlock Nand, but it gives full root access, and is very easy and safe. Whether it's enough for you depends on what you want to do with your phone.

EarlyMon likes this.
  5. atypical1

atypical1 Newbie

Yeah, I don't know what more unlocking nand will do for me. I used unrevoked3, downloaded ROM manager from the market, and flashed Fresh. Now I used ROM manager to update me to the latest FroYo based Fresh. Easey Peasey. I back up everything using Titanium. It might not officially give "full root" but it does exactly what 99% of us need it to do.

OP, UR3 is just a couple of clicks to use. They have a mobile version but I did not try it as I was connected to my laptop anyway (to back up my SD card).

james

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. sagedil

sagedil Android Expert

Just a minor correction. Wasn't Congress that made it legal, was the U.S. Copyright office. Congress isn't that smart.

EarlyMon likes this.
  7. BigRick10

BigRick10 Well-Known Member

Most roms require you to have nand unlocked. Almost all the new ones will require it. Full root means nand unlocked. So unrevoked is not full root.

8. TheAndroidWorks

TheAndroidWorks Android Enthusiast

You will definitely want to have a nand backup and restore option if/when a ROM update ever goes poorly! TRUST ME.

9. brownhornet

brownhornet Android Enthusiast

How hard is the one click root method.... I mean really.

10. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

11. Putty

Putty Android Expert

Then what goes is it?

12. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

I havnt personally looked, but news sites are claiming sites like this use a malformed url to run code through the browser..
    I for one am happy this isn't possible/as mainstream on the android platform.

13. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

wut.
    :rolleyes:
    go reread

Attached Files:

14. atypical1

atypical1 Newbie

I understand what you're saying but I think this was based on the older versions. If you go to the unrevoked wiki ( unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/unrevoked2 ) you'll see where that team does say that it gives you root.

I can select nandroid and backup my phone using that tool from the recovery menu. I can flash rom's with no trouble at all and seem to have access to everything. I'm struggling to see where that is any different from what anyone has described for "full root".

James