1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Japanese Android OS?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by khris91, Feb 18, 2011.

1. khris91

khris91 Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Hello,
    My mother and stepfather were recently stationed in Okinawa, and they got two android phones with the phone company AU. They are having a difficult time trying to adjust to the phones since they have never used any android phones before and from what I can tell they are on a whole different android network then I am because when I tell them to look up a certain app they tend to not be able to find it. SO, I was wondering if someone knew how I could get my hands a hold of one of the Developer OS's for the Japanese Android so I can try to develop any app that they might need that could be useful to them while they are in their stay in Okinawa. Thank you very much! If you need anymore info just tell me.

-Khris

Advertisement

2. Guamguy

Guamguy Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    There is no "Japanese" Android. All the Androids are the same, just the language changed, and the carrier added their own regional Japanese services like 1seg mobile TV, or NFC mobile payments.

However, Android Market can also be regionalized by phone and carrier, which means developers have the power to preselect where their apps will appear. Maybe in Japan only the Japanese apps will appear.