1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Japanese text in music player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m1ndkiller, Jan 10, 2012.

1. m1ndkiller

m1ndkiller Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Hi. I'm a new Android user and I recently got the Galaxy Nexus phone. I noticed that the majority of my music files (all .mp3) with Japanese text in the titles aren't displaying properly in the default music player. Is this an issue with the phone or with Ice Cream Sandwich? Could the problem be solved by simply using a different media player or would I have to install an East Asian language pack for the entire device? This issue comes up in Windows as well and I know that the text doesn't display properly until you switch to Japanese locale.

Advertisement

2. dys586

dys586 Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Have you checked the tag information for the mp3 files? Japanese and Korean characters display fine for me in Google Music player. For Windows 7, Japanese and Korean characters also display fine without being on Japanese or Korean locale. It sounds like the tag information might be the problem.

3. m1ndkiller

m1ndkiller Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Ah, yeah, I know what you mean. The tags are fine though. It's not just the song titles, it's also the artist names that get messed up. They all show up fine on my computer when I check the files' properties and/or play them in foobar.

Tags: