1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Jawbone Bluetooth - Droid does not detect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flaxie, Dec 4, 2009.

1. flaxie

flaxie Newbie

Nov 15, 2009
    My Droid does not detect my Jawbone. I have reviewed user guide no luck.
    Anyone else have a problem getting Bluetooth to work? Or more specificly a Jawbone? I hate to bring it back because I love this device even though some functions are not as useful as my Blackberry, but Bluetooth is a important feature in my world.

Advertisement

2. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Android Expert

Nov 13, 2009
    Male
    N CEE!
    I have a JB2 paired up fine.

3. bcromwell

bcromwell Newbie

Nov 10, 2009
    Prime works perfectly on my droid.

4. flaxie

flaxie Newbie

Nov 15, 2009
    I guess it is to the verizon store to see what they can do. I have been using Bluetooth for since 2006 and first time I can't get it to detect my device, let alone get to passcode window :(
    In the meantime I'll have to look around for my old Motorola set. My Jawbone is by far my favorite one to use

5. dave412_4

dave412_4 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Admin. Asst.
    Thought i try and help you out. I haven't used my jawbone in a while but i have the 2nd gen. did you put both the phone and jawbone in discoverable mode?

The light should go back n fourth from red to white on the jawbone and once that happens my phone found it in like 10 secs.

6. weok

weok Lurker

Nov 17, 2009
    TX
    I had problems getting my Jawbone paired initially. I had to use the instructions from Aliph's webiste to reset the Jawbone. Once my Jawbone was reset, everything worked fine.

7. switchblade9

switchblade9 Lurker

Nov 13, 2009
    Radio/TV announer, voice actor
    San Francisco Bay Area
    I didn't have any problem pairing my Jawbone but the voice dial command doesn't work like it did on my LG. I used to be able just press the Voice Assassin button for a few seconds to get a prompt, but that doesn't work on the Droid. I'm hoping that this big software update they've promised for next week will address some of that.

8. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Nov 27, 2009
    i had the same problem getting my JB2 to connect. read the JB instructions and realized you have to put the JB in pairing mode. once i did that, no problem.

9. flaxie

flaxie Newbie

Nov 15, 2009
    Thank you for the tips. I have finally got the 2 paired. Although I had been holding both locations to kick the headset into pairing, or so I thought, I was not getting the flashing red / white light, first problem. Then I went to the user's guide as someone else suggested to ensure I was holding the right buttons. After multiple attempts this morning to get the flashing lights....success :D
    Thank you for the feedback