• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jawbone UP flashes colored lights, won't sync or work

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    I started using my Jawbone about a month ago and accidentally wore it until the battery died. I then went on a bit of a hiatus and hadn't used it for about 2 weeks. When I charged it back up, the status light would flash colored lights really quickly no matter what command I tried to initiate. It also wouldn't work, wouldn't record information, and wouldn't sync.

I tried several times to sync the Jawbone and every time it said the sync was successful. However, no data would sync and the flashing red/green lights persisted. I tried doing this repetitively with no luck.

I checked Jawbone's guide showing what the status lights mean:
    https://jawbone.com/kb/articles/UPstatuslights.html

It suggested syncing was the way to solve this problem. Ugh.

I then left my Jawbone plugged into the phone's 3.5mm headset jack and let the phone charge overnight. It works! Somehow, overnight, the problem fixed itself. I'm not sure why or if it was mere coincidence, but it (acidentally) worked for me.

This was for the Jawbone UP, not the Jawbone UP 24. The UP 24 didn't support Bluetooth sync originally (now it does) so I'm actually considering an upgrade.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones