• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JayBob's [ROM][Updated 13-JUN][AOSP-2.3.4-Heroc - 2.6.35 Kernel]

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
While I am posting different ROMS, I might as well add this one for others to test

13-JUN-2011 Sync with AOSP/CM sources

TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13JUN.zip

This ROM is built from source using Android and CM repos. It is AOSP flavored, although some key CM7 elements are included. The build has gone through several iterations, and seems to be fairly complete. After the standard 30 seconds of exhaustive testing, Phone, Camera, Browser, Wifi, Market, Maps, GPS, etc. all appear functional.

This is an ODEXed build and currently uses the CM frameworks/base, along with a number of other CM components.

As of the 04JUN version, this ROM has a 2.6.35 kernel installed by default. This kernel is still in initial stages of development and testing. If you are having problems, you can trying flashing another kernel. I also recommend setting your minimum cpu frequency to 352, or you may have (even more) trouble getting the camera to work.

13-JUN-2011
Sync with AOSP/CM sources

TeamHeroC-2.3.4-13JUN.zip

Reactions: rb312102
Thanks again Don for bringing another rom over this way. Flashed this rom this morning. Once again I tried freecaddie first for you on my way to my baseball game and it rebooted after 5 minutes with the screen off. So much for what I read in the original thread lol.

I'll let this rom and kernel settle in today and report back with observations on performance. But other than that it looks just like all the other 2.3.4 roms. I'm just interested in seeing if sobes kernel has any battery or performance advantage over other roms.

Reactions: DonB
Upvote 0
Thanks for the update, I think until they resolve the issue, I will simply load that app on my Liquidsense, and when I go play golf I will simply Nandroid back and forth, so far yesterday I didn't get a reboot, so I will see. ;)

The other issues I have on all these GB Rom, is the inability to be able to do conference calling, LS 2.1 is not an issue, wish they would find the issue with that also

Thanks again Don for bringing another rom over this way. Flashed this rom this morning. Once again I tried freecaddie first for you on my way to my baseball game and it rebooted after 5 minutes with the screen off. So much for what I read in the original thread lol.

I'll let this rom and kernel settle in today and report back with observations on performance. But other than that it looks just like all the other 2.3.4 roms. I'm just interested in seeing if sobes kernel has any battery or performance advantage over other roms.

Upvote 0
You try this rom out yet don? I had to switch back on Sunday but have run it all day today and have set it up like my aospCMod . Currently calibrating my battery. Battery life is great so far. 10hours and just now under 50%. After this calibration it can only get better. Very nice rom. Definitely a close second to aospCMod. If the kernel continues to get better this rom may just become daily.

Upvote 0
I did try it, pretty good but did go back to AOSP, I Nandroid my LS and added my golf apps, and if I get another reboot the next time, I will nandroid to LS to use my app to play, but I did like this app though, just didn't set everything up on it, I may hook her back up on the weekend and play with it some more.

You try this rom out yet don? I had to switch back on Sunday but have run it all day today and have set it up like my aospCMod . Currently calibrating my battery. Battery life is great so far. 10hours and just now under 50%. After this calibration it can only get better. Very nice rom. Definitely a close second to aospCMod. If the kernel continues to get better this rom may just become daily.

Upvote 0
are there any GB roms that do not reboot when using GPS? I am using the t version of this rom, and it reboots (other than that is fantastic). Does the latest AOSP GB reboot when using google nav, gps, etc?

I have had good luck with CyanogenMod 7 ROMs. I have never experienced a GPS reboot.

In fact, I have never experienced a reboot at all. Give it a try.

Upvote 0
I am running this build with the 0325 gapps that AOSP links to. My apps did not automatically download like they usually do, and -- the even bigger problem is: when I try to call a contact whose number is stored: +14445556666 it does not work (it says call is lost) when I try to dial... but when I remove the +1 it works... what gives? anyone heard of this?

It was doing this with the hero deck build, so I flashed LiquidSense and updated PRL and profile, now the same thing is happening on this build (Jbobs)

Upvote 0
can someone please tell me a rom the i can watch flash videos on the internet.. i have a htc hero rooted.. thanks anybody that can help im new to this stuff and appreciate any help..

If you want Flash, you will need an HTC Sense UI based ROM. They support Flash Lite.

Like DonB said, our handsets do not support full Flash 10.1+ like the newer ones do. Flash Lite will suffice on about 90% of the Flash stuff you need though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones