1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

JB 4.1.2 OTA Update Instructions!!!! Fat Lady Sings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevanlol360, Jul 4, 2013.

1. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

Boost Mobile HTC One SV and ZTE Warp Sequent Getting Jelly Bean Next Week | Prepaid Phone News

I'll see it when I see it :rolleyes: lol, finallyyy. Now we all just need to gather and pray that it causes no new bugs and that they actually release the kernel source without us threaten a lawsuit.
    It's the only damn thing I'm waiting to start working on Megatron for it.

Update Instructions

When you get the ota update allow it to download the update but do not allow it to flash the update. Use a root explorer and COPY the update zip from /cache and place it on your sdcard
    Reboot recovery
    WIPE DATA "if you do not wipe data your phone will be stuck at the boot animation"
    Install the zip from your sdcard "takes about 3-6 Mins"
    go to the main menu of cwm and hit reboot
    CWM will tell you that a new recovery will be flash would you like to disable it select yes
    your phone will reboot and be up and running with 2-3 minutes.

download this Root.zip reboot to cwm and flash it. After that, go back to the main menu of cwm and hit reboot. BEFORE you reboot cwm will ask you if you want to fix root (/system/bin/su) go down to yes, your phone will now reboot and you should be rooted on 4.1

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Android Expert

3. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Lol i already ported 4.1 to the boost One Sv and we have a working kernel source as well. Its been said the boost One SV would be getting 4.2 but idk.

RicanFlow37 likes this.
  4. theminor19

theminor19 Android Enthusiast

the long wait will hopefully be worth it it would be nice. hopefully we can get some new roms started with the update. i might have to take up learning how to do it myself just to mess around. just got a new laptop and tomorrow upgrading the os to windows 7. might dew boot it with the os box setup...

5. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

6. mrleroybrown

mrleroybrown Well-Known Member

Awesome Sir Shin. How's the battery life holding up on your htc one sv? Anywhere close to the 17 hours Boost shows it getting on their site?

7. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Yesssss!!!!! Fist pump. Happy 4th everyone

8. rlphbgby

rlphbgby Well-Known Member

Who needs Christmas? When we got ota updates.

9. boricuakiller

cant wait for the ota

10. chevanlol360

Remember, to get the ota you must return to stock completely! Stock recovery, stock kernel, stock b09 system. If i get the OTA early i can easily get OTA zip and post it for everyone to update to. Maybe a few hours after i do that i'll root the update and upload the stock root JB 4.1 for B0"10 i would guess since the numbers are always in order lol".

rlphbgby and jstinger9489 like this.
  11. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

make sure you do us all a favor and check the update itself first, if its a full on update and not just a patch we may be able to use the ota zip itself, modified of course ;)

if not, fastboot recovery installation method should get you up and running with cwm, and then from there its simple, i wouldnt necessarily attempt the same root method unless absolutely necessary or you have cwm first

im not the leading expert so you are free to do what you like but id say the best course of action is...

run the fastboot method of installing cwm, making sure to check that the bootloader isnt locked down of course
    then after making a good backup of the rom as is run the root tool to see if it works, that way if it breaks something you can recover
    if it doesnt work there is always a generic flashable zip that will work through cwm but it would be helpful to know if the root method we have in place actually works

12. chevanlol360

Yeah I was gonna do the fastboot method and root via cwm flashable root zip. Back it up and remove the flash stock recovery script from /system IF it exist in the update. Then create the whole thing in a flashable zip. I guess I might as well try using the root tool as well to see if it works. I'll be rolling back from my personal ROM to complete stock b09 early Sunday in preparation for the OTA.

13. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

sounds like a plan, kuz i just basically need to figure out if ill have to add a getprop clause to the thing, i dont want people breaking their phones with my tool so if the current root method does in fact cause the rom to fail or just doesnt work ill make it so that instead of using the old method i can at least make it not work on that version of the rom and give instructions on how to get the zip file

14. chevanlol360

Yup better add it if it breaks it, worst case scenario would be a bootloop right?

15. DimBulb

DimBulb Android Enthusiast

To all heavy-set or obese woman on this forum, please accept our apologies.

This merely is an expression of enthusiasm, and in no way is to suggest any of you are required to actually start singing, or that if you do, the upgrade will roll out any faster.

Thank you for your understanding.

Mgiddeon and Frank The Tank like this.
  16. Hdjc28

Hdjc28 Member

Woo hoo finally. Hope all is good with this update!! :-D

boricuakiller likes this.
  17. boricuakiller

thats the day july 8th

Seraph08 likes this.
  18. chevanlol360

if anyone gets the update OTA before me, when you get the notification for the update make sure its downloaded already but dont allow the phone to reboot and flash the update. when the Update is download use a file epxlorer and navigate to /cache and the Update should be there in a zip file, copy it to your sdcard and upload it here please. thank you

19. boricuakiller

20. randjav15

randjav15 Member

I learned a way to force an update.

1. Go to settings, then apps, then all, then find Google Services Frameworks
    2. Force Stop Google Services Framework
    3. Go to settings, then system update
    4. Check firmware update or ZTE software
    5. Get the update!

Hopefully it works! Whenever any of you guys get it first, let us no so we can force the update.

cpberndt likes this.
  21. DimBulb

DimBulb Android Enthusiast

What Rom are you using?
    Is your phone rooted?
    Did your phone get upgraded to Jelly-Bean today, (Sunday)?
    The upgrade rolls out Monday, (we have been told).

22. cpberndt

cpberndt Lurker

just attempted to force update and it still has yet to be released

23. timghorton

timghorton Member

I have a ? I tried googling this but what are the features of 4.1.1

Thanks in advance

Tim

24. cpberndt

cpberndt Lurker

Android 4.1.1 has new features like google now and quick toggles. but I'm sure that if anything the warp sequent will be getting android 4.1.2 which includes a couple of bug fixes

25. boricuakiller

Project butter make phone smother

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews