• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB 4.1.2 OTA Update Instructions!!!! Fat Lady Sings

Boost Mobile HTC One SV and ZTE Warp Sequent Getting Jelly Bean Next Week | Prepaid Phone News

I'll see it when I see it :rolleyes: lol, finallyyy. Now we all just need to gather and pray that it causes no new bugs and that they actually release the kernel source without us threaten a lawsuit.
It's the only damn thing I'm waiting to start working on Megatron for it.

Update Instructions

When you get the ota update allow it to download the update but do not allow it to flash the update. Use a root explorer and COPY the update zip from /cache and place it on your sdcard
Reboot recovery
WIPE DATA "if you do not wipe data your phone will be stuck at the boot animation"
Install the zip from your sdcard "takes about 3-6 Mins"
go to the main menu of cwm and hit reboot
CWM will tell you that a new recovery will be flash would you like to disable it select yes
your phone will reboot and be up and running with 2-3 minutes.

download this Root.zip reboot to cwm and flash it. After that, go back to the main menu of cwm and hit reboot. BEFORE you reboot cwm will ask you if you want to fix root (/system/bin/su) go down to yes, your phone will now reboot and you should be rooted on 4.1

Thank you This worked perfectly and flawlessly on my warp sequent just downloaded and followed the instructions using cwm touch. :cool:

Upvote 0
The easiest way to pull /system dir is to make a backup in cwm. Once the backup is made it will be on your sdcard in /clockworkmod/backups/yourbackup. The directory will be named with a time instead of a name. Just make certain you are in the one you just made lol. Grab the following files
Code:
system.ext4.tar.a
boot.img

zip them up and upload please :)

edit: please ONLY upload the 2 files I mentioned as we don't need anyone restoring it and busting their phone

Upvote 0
keep in mind we need the partitions first, mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2, mmcblk0p8, mmcblk0p9, mmcblk0p11, and mmcblk0p12

and superr, be VERY careful, we know 12 is the kernel ramdisk... but everything else is completely unknown to us, things like the bootloader and misc partition, so just use caution and you should be fine

and mgiddeon make sure you label them appropriately or you could damage superrs phone

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/partition1
will work, but honestly i say we just keep the names as it
make it
Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p1
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p2
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p8
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p9
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p11
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12 of=/sdcard/boot.img
just to be safe ya kno

Upvote 0
try those partitions minus the kernel partition out with ics first superr, see if it breaks anything, if not then we can just have the update install the new files and not have to worry about it if someone wants to switch back, then check for changed serials and what not, then you should be able to easily make a flashable if you dont run into any bumps

Upvote 0
I have my phone on B09 Stock ROM right now, with stock recovery, but it's rooted.
I got the OTA update alert and downloaded it and tried to install it. I got an error:
"Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current systen...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC: .....
... (Status 7)
Installation aborted.
E: Failed to open /cache/fota/error_code (No such file or directory)
E: Failed to open /cache/fota/source_code (No such file or directory)

Can somebody Help a guy out?

Upvote 0
i will say this though, sadly i dont think most of the issues we are seeing are version related, other than the issue with the sdcard which is specific to 4.2... so yea that wont help much

the video playback has a little hope, mms isnt gonna be fixed by this, bluetooth and camera there is a possibility but is unlikely. so dont get your hopes up too high people but we will do what we can with what we have

Upvote 0
I have my phone on B09 Stock ROM right now, with stock recovery, but it's rooted.
I got the OTA update alert and downloaded it and tried to install it. I got an error:
"Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current systen...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC: .....
... (Status 7)
Installation aborted.
E: Failed to open /cache/fota/error_code (No such file or directory)
E: Failed to open /cache/fota/source_code (No such file or directory)

Can somebody Help a guy out?

we are working now to get it all into one easily cwm flashable zip, just have a little patients and we will release an update zip that everyone can use without any special steps

Upvote 0
your main issue right now is youre impatient lol. if you cant get it to work that way just wait for us to get the new flashable out, and no your issue is not that you are rooted your issue is probably that you are deodexed but it wont matter shortly so just relax and keep an eye out for superrs update

Upvote 0
wont matter once we get this updated zip out... as soon as mgiddeon get the files uploaded, superr downloads them, tests them, and makes them into an update package, it will flash from any rom using cwm. no more errors, itll just work, if you dont want to wait well then im sorry youre going to have to just figure it out on your own, the steps to get things going the current way are scattered throughout todays posts, they can be found, but things will be much easier if you just wait for the new zip

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones