• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JB 4.1.2 OTA Update Instructions!!!! Fat Lady Sings

Had same issue as randjav15 with the missing files when trying to install the OTA update but did manage to get CWM back on my phone using the original tool you gave me a while ago thanks a alot for that Junkie!, is a working version CWM flashable zip available for download now yet or are we still waiting just wondering sorry, conversation got a little confusing lol.

Upvote 0
sweet thanks perfect timing, downloading now will let ya know how it goes. EDIT: Ok I downloaded the .zip wiped data factory/reset and installed from SD card and got the following error --Installing: /sdcard/warp2_unsigned_b11.zip

Finding update package......
Opening update package.....

E:Cant open /sdcard/warp2_unsigned_b11.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted.....

Upvote 0
fastboot will not talk to it ever unless you make adb tell it to, if you can manage to get an adb connection even momentarily you will be able to run
adb reboot bootloader which then in turn allows fastboot access

if the problem truly was not wiping data though, stock recovery has a factory reset option, power the phone down, hold the down vol button and power to turn it back on till recovery comes back up, hit factory reset, if that doesnt work, it has nothing to do with wiping the data

Upvote 0
Anyome have the fix for screen flicker. Ive done the unmodified with root four time and it still flicker blue. Anyhelp?

Just flash one of the B11 roms on the site. theres a stock deodexed, superROM and Warped Kitty all have no screen flicker

The screen flicker is because he didn't flash the jb partitions.

Reactions: TehJibba
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones