1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

JB Google Voice Assistant now avail for ICS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Easilyamused, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

I did flash it yesterday, well, It works, but it still is buggy. Sometimes it won't close, other times it seems be recognizing the voice command but won't show up any results. I guess it's fine though, still better than the crappy Google Voice Search we had before. For the best performance we need to wait JB officially.

3. Easilyamused

Dd you install to ICS or flash a JB rom?

4. sherlock5545

I installed it on the stock ICS ROM that the Galaxy S3 comes with.

5. Easilyamused

Thanks. I'm kind of surprised no one else has messed with this and commented on their results.. While I'm not sure whether voice assistants are really more than a novelty at this point, seems fun to mess with, at least until the novelty wears off. Perhaps it already has?

6. sherlock5545

You may have a point, I actually spent the whole day yesterday to "play" with it. It actually is pretty cool and fast, but the hype wears off quickly, I didn't even use it today. Definitely better than S Voice, though.

7. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

When I had a Nexus I enjoyed Google Now for about 2 days. Then I got tired of having anything I googled show up as a navigation card, or having the weather card stop showing up or having my appointments listed at the bottom of everything else. It has a lot of potential, but as far as I am concerned it isn't ready for full time use yet. Hopefully when/if they release JB for the S3 it will have gotten better.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews