1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jb ROMs.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Erik-_-Chavez, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Erik-_-Chavez

Erik-_-Chavez Well-Known Member

Gangnam style or PAC man ROM. Which is more stable and which has better performance and or battery life. Need opinions. Please don't say to look at the ROMs and flash them yourself. I've done that. They both catch my attention but I wanna know others opinions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Gangnam is more stable, pacman just came out and the dev doesn't work on it much. Try aokp though, totally bad ass.

Erik-_-Chavez likes this.
  3. Erik-_-Chavez

Thanks for your opinion. I've heard of Mazda's aokp ROM. I'll give it a try when I have the time?

4. theezach

theezach Newbie

I second the AOKP motion! It's the best ROM I've ever flashed...except I wish the LED worked correctly lol

5. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

All three mentioned ROMs have their pros and cons.

Pacman is cool don't get me wrong. But it gave me random errors where it would reboot and then not boot up.

AOKP is cool, I just had some deep sleep issues. Kernel was clocked too low for minimum frequency.

Gangnam style I haven't tried yet. So I can't say anything about that yet.

6. xploPR

xploPR Android Expert

7. Prinny

I'm using it right now ;) I was just about to post about it.

8. theezach

theezach Newbie

is the new slim bean as smooth as his AOKP?
    i have been running his AOKP for about a week now and its amazing.

9. Prinny

Well, personally I'm having problems with MMS working on it for some strange reason...I'm trying a few things though.

10. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

The developer of the Evervolv 4.2.1 ROM (preludedrew) is looking for VM users to test his build for the Evo V 4G. His XDA post is here.

ramjet73

Chingling and adamhos1234 like this.
  11. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

Hey Prinny idk if you are still using the Slim ROM but after flashing the rom and the Gapps what else did you flash? You can flash the voice dialer and google now apparently plus other things so I'm curious as to if you flashed any of the add ons.

12. Prinny

I flashed the all in one. Not currently using it at the moment, though. Seeing as MMS was not working, I went to a different ROM. Thought you say there's one where the voice dialer works now...?

13. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

Does the AIO include the Gapps? Also I have no idea. I'm still going through the pages over there and reading.

14. Prinny

AIO has a bit of everything. I'm wondering if that's the reason that MMS didn't work, though...?

XAL do you have MMS working on 1.1?

15. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

I havent flashed it yet. I'm going to wait until later on tonight. But on page seven I believe if you want to take a look Ramjet said this......

As an addendum, the all-in-one addon at the end of that list seems to include the slim gapps and the voice dialer, as well as the other addons.

ramjet73

16. XAL2

XAL2 Android Enthusiast

Yea looking through other people are having the MMS issue some people claim to have fixed it by a rewipe and refash but I don't see how that would help.

17. Prinny

I've tried that a few times. No dice, though.

I've tried the MMS fix to no avail, either.

Its still an awesome ROM, though.

18. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Although the AIO file includes the voice dialer, it doesn't work yet as of the 2103.01.06 nightly as confirmed by preludedrew in his response to this post. I checked the changelog for the 2013.01.07 nightly and there's nothing there that would fix it either.

ramjet73

19. Prinny

Well, I'll wait for the fix on SlimROM before I start to use it. As much as I like the features and whatnot on it, I would like MMS to work.

Whats weird is, I THINK I had 1.0 MMS working on SlimRom...

Ramjet, I know you have a standard 3vo from Sprint, but what ROM are you using as a daily?

20. ramjet73

ramjet73 Android Expert

Well, I actually have two Evo 3D's. The one that is activated and my primary phone is running MeanROM ICS 2.6 with a lot of mods (Leedroid Tweaks, coolexe camera and audio, sony mods, google now) and that works great and has good performance and decent battery life.

I've been running mazda's AOKP 3.5.2 on my test phone most of the time lately and I'm considering putting it on my primary phone as a daily but I'm waiting to see if mazda adds the 4G status bar icon or upgrades that ROM to 4.2.1.

I've tested a lot of ROM's for the Evo 3D but only Midnight ROM 1.4.2 for the Evo V so far. ;)

ramjet73

Prinny likes this.
  21. Erik-_-Chavez

I can't find Mazda's aokp ROM. Can someone help me by putting a link?

22. Dr. Dank

Dr. Dank Well-Known Member

I second. Please and thank you:)

23. Erik-_-Chavez

24. xstefen

xstefen Android Expert

Evervolv is ftw right now, using the 1/7/13 nightly, only for the past 24 hours but combined with MAC AOSP kernel, this is great. I might finally ween myself away from Sense lol