1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

JB update homescreen folder freeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blueboggirl, Jan 9, 2013.

1. blueboggirl

blueboggirl Lurker

Since the JB update I've had constant problems with my homescreen folders. About every two days they freeze and will not open, maybe one will open, but it opens a different folder. Turning phone off/on doesn't help. I don't want to wipe phone and start again. Can anyone suggest a solution? It's REALLY frustrating and takes so long to rearrange and sort all the regularly used and favourite apps.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

Have you tried the long press on the on/off button, as this simulates a battery pull.
    This is the only solution i can think of other than the factory reset, which will wipe the phone.

3. blueboggirl

blueboggirl Lurker

Thank you, no that hasn't helped. I did do a system restore (nightmare as I'm new to android) and to my HORROR it's still doing it. I have 9 folders, with 2-8 apps in each, not too many I would have thought. The rest of the phone works fine so it's bugging me to know what is causing it. I might try a different launcher keep on trying. Thanks for help

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews