1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on S3 lte?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by happyarthur79, Dec 21, 2012.

1. happyarthur79

happyarthur79 Member

Hey guys,

I'm in the UK and have an unbranded S3 lte (GT-I9300) on EE and I'm wondering if the recent 4.1.2 update is compatible with my phone?
    I have seen nothing at all about an update due for the S3 lte so are the updates going to be the same as the S3 or will we have to wait for a firmware specifically for the lte version?

Thanks,

Graham.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

You'll need an update for your model (gt-i9305) which has different hardware interfaces, therefore probably needs different software

3. happyarthur79

happyarthur79 Member

Ah well god knows when that's gonna be... Have heard no mention of any kind of update for the GT-I9300 so it's probably not even in the pipeline.

Thanks for the info!

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

The GT-i9300 (International) is being updated now in the UK. Not sure there's been an update to the GT-i9305 (LTE International) since it's UK launch though so not sure how far behind it is. It will be coming though.

5. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast

6. kellymark97

kellymark97 Newbie

you need to root it to gain full control over the phone. here is an easy-to-follow step by step tutorial to help you perform a root on your International Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

7. zootius

zootius Lurker

I manually updated my Orange UK (EE) S3 LTE (GT-i9305) to 4.1.2 last week. It was definitely worth doing - I do think they have fixed something with the battery consumption. I have blogged what I did, but Phandroid is stopping me from linking to it directly while I'm a newb on this forum. I think you'll find my blog post as the first result, if you google for:

Daddycode Galaxy S3 LTE to Android 4.1.2

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews