1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean 4.3 Camera and Gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alexacuna, Jul 4, 2013.

1. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

I have been messing around with a lot of different camera apps lately and stumbled upon this and thought I'd try it out. Just downloaded the .apk in this article and it rules. It says it's for the note 2, but works perfectly fine on the Galaxy Victory.

Just thought i'd share!

JonathanWhitey and JerryScript like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 19wilkerson99

19wilkerson99 Member

I downloaded the APK and sadly, the Photosphere doesn't work on our device... :(

3. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Well-Known Member

Not to mention I didnt find some of the shooting effects like sepia or b&w, or did I see voice commands. If they're in there they are hard to find.

4. NolenUmar

NolenUmar Well-Known Member

Working nicely in the Sprint Victory 4.1.1. I ended to uninstalling the new camera and just keeping the gallery. I like the old camera better. Seems it takes better quality pictures

5. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

Its working nicely on mine, but it might be because I'm rooted. I have two good cameras working including this and an ICS version.

6. JerryScript

JerryScript Android Expert

Thanks for testing it out and posting it! I like the camera's cleaner interface, and I especially like the new gallery's larger icon size and editing features! Too bad we can't use the video camera. I tried the panoramic camera, works good, but no special viewer.

In case you didn't know, you can swipe from right to left while in the camera app to go to the gallery app, and swipe from left to right in the gallery app (repeatedly depending upon where you are in the gallery) to eventually return to the camera app. Replaces the preview button, but you do get a momentary preview once you snap a pic.

7. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

After thinking pretty hard on which new phone to get, I am really happy with this phone. The only thing I envied was the fluidness of the 4S (and the fact that it was 8 megapixels). It's awesome to see all of these things that we can do with it.

I'll let you guys know if I stumble across anything else that is cool!

JerryScript likes this.
  8. JonathanWhitey

JonathanWhitey Android Enthusiast

I love the app. It works great on my rooted victory but I do agree that the picture quality is much worse so I might revert to stock

9. JerryScript

You should still have the stock camera app as well, but your stock gallery will not be fully functional with the install of this new gallery/camera duo apk. To me that's fine, I like the new gallery better, so it's the best of both worlds. ;)

10. JerryScript

Here's a comparison of pictures taken with the stock and 4.3 cameras. I have named the images A, B, C, and D so you can try to determine which photos are best, then go to the bottom of the post and click the Show button to see if which camera took the best pics in your opinion. ;)

Picture A:
    [​IMG]

Picture B:
    [​IMG]

Picture C:

[​IMG]

Picture D:
    [​IMG]

Click the show button to find out which pic was taken with which camera:
    Picture A = Stock
    Picture B = 4.3
    Picture C = 4.3
    Picture D = Stock

IMHO there is not enough of a difference to make image quality the decision maker, rather whichever app's interface you prefer. ;)

11. JonathanWhitey

I actually noticed that it wasn't that the pictures were worse. It was that the app didn't turn up brightness automatically and made it look worse. Turning up the brightness made me notice

12. JonathanWhitey

Also, Jerry, what settings so you use for both stock and 4.3 in the camera app. I'm not really sure which settings are the best in terms of resolution and other things.

13. JerryScript

The sample images I posted above were taken with default camera settings. I'm not much of a photographer (as you can see), but I'm sure someone with more knowledge of proper settings could get some great shots from either of these cameras!

JonathanWhitey likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Victory Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Victory release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews