1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean, "Connect to PC" Missing!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lucids, Jun 26, 2013.

1. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

My friend and I both got the EU versions of the One SV from Expansys (HTC Partner) and I have set his up for him doing both updates from ICS to Jellybean. Mine still has the original ICS that came with the phone.

Now this evening I noticed that I couldn't find the "Connect to Phone" option in the settings. Now I checked on mine with ICS and it is still there. The update removed this option totally.

Now whenever he connects to his PC the SD card and internal USB storage mount on the PC. There is no longer a choice offered. And these become inaccessible to the phone. I guess he could safely remove from the PC, but this is really annoying when you only want to plug in to say charge for example. When you pull down from the top task bar and click the USB connection symbol all you have are network/tether options but non relating to the USB storage/charge/sync as it used to be on ICS.

Is this normal for the update or is there an problem. Does anyone else with the JB update on their SV have the Connect to PC option still there.
    These are unlocked phones and not tied to any network firmware btw.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. This is normal behavior of all HTC phones with jb. HTC removed UMS and changed to MTP.

3. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

ok thanks, I am not sure i will upgrade to JB, i was actually very happy with gingerbread on my old Desire HD in the past.

I can't say I think it is a good thing, seems pretty stupid to me.

4. For me too, but jb has also goodies i want.

5. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

Just wondered what you think are the major differences between ICS & JB on the One SV?

6. Project Butter (smoother UI), all in all faster, scrollable through all Homescreens, hide apps in appdrawer, better camera, Google now and some more.

russellvone and lucids like this.

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews