• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean cut off alarm sound

essenceofire

Mar 27, 2011
I have had no issues with the official jelly bean update except for this. My alarm randomly will only sound for 1 second and then turn itself off. I have my alarm set for the same time during the week but on a random day it will go off for once second and then shut itself off.

It's completely random when it does it. Last week it happened on Monday and Wednesday. This week it happened on Tuesday, Wednesday and today (Friday).

Anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions? Thankfully the 1 second is enough to wake me up, but it scares me that one day it might not go off at all.

I've had this problem (along with a few others) ever since the update to JB.
My phone will do the one second alarm cut-off, but will also randomly just not go off at all. This happens about twice a week, the alarm time will come and go with not a cheep, and when I check alarm settings everything seems to be OK. Im now using an old phone as a backup with a second alarm 2 minutes later.
Also, my alarm music randomly gets changed back to the default "good morning", or whatever its called, music. This problem only seems to affect my weekday alarm, and leaves the two for the weekend alone. Thinking I may just have to get a new alarm app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones