• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean firmware unofficial release

Hey I am running ICS on my phone with
PDA: I9100JPLPF
PHONE : I9100XXLPX
CSC : I9100OJPLPC
So I'm sorry if I didn't understand completely but can I flash this firmware safely?

As per post #1...

The downloadable firmware, LSJ, with the European, XX, language pack,

Warning: Flashing this firmware will void your warranty and negate future updates via Kies. Only for competent users. Flash at your own risk.

So, if you can live with the European language pack, (you are currently on OJP with Middle Eastern language pack), and do not wish to use Kies to update in future and do not mind voiding your warranty, if you have one... then it is OK to flash this.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I flashed my phone to 4.1.2 but my battery life not good than 4.0.4.
my CSC code changed now OXX then how i can update from samsung official firmware 4.1.2 from kies? any solution?

thanks

Hello and welcome to Android Forums musthafa82! :)

OXX is the European firmware code and is the only one available at the moment, as per post #1.

After flashing/updating ant new firmware you need to allow 3 or 4 charge/discharge cycles for the battery to calibrate itself.

To immediately achieve battery savings, go to Settings > Power Saving and check the 4 items there and enable Power Saving.

More battery saving tips are here in, "Battery Saving - Dummies Guide", particularly post #19.

Upvote 0
I have the following ;
PDA I9100JPLPJ
Ph I9100XXLQ6
CSC I9100JPLPH

So I assume I can upgrade, but my question is can I then change the apps icons on the lower raw that is fixed an all pages ?

If You Want To Change The dock Icons, You Don't Need To Upgrade, You CaN Always Use A Different Launcher. NovA , apex And Go Launcher All allow Those Modifications!

Reactions: mseif
Upvote 0
Appdrawer? press the icons, move.

Please see the attached photo, those are the 4 icons that I need to replace. I am not using any Launcher app, I am just using the built in Launcher. What do you mean by Appdrwawer ? This term is used in the Apex Launcher .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-22-13-12-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-13-12-21.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 0
Press and hold any of the five (you can have less) icons at the very bottom, you can slide them to the bin at the top of the screen and then add the one you want by going to your app drawer and pressing and holding the selected app to the bottom of the screen.

Now I know why I am misunderstood. You and claesnilsson are assuming I am using a third party launcher like Apex for example. But I am not.
I am talking all the time about the original ICE4.0.4 with no external launcher app.

My original question is that can I (using no external launcher) change any of the 4 icons ( they are only 4 not 5) without have to install a 3rd party launcher ?

I guess the answer is NO.

Upvote 0
Now I know why I am misunderstood. You and claesnilsson are assuming I am using a third party launcher like Apex for example. But I am not.
I am talking all the time about the original ICE4.0.4 with no external launcher app.

My original question is that can I (using no external launcher) change any of the 4 icons ( they are only 4 not 5) without have to install a 3rd party launcher ?

I guess the answer is NO.

Nope your guess is, strictly speaking wrong. I'm using JB, and no third party launcher. I assumed you were too, but but the answer to your question is yes you can with JB but not ICS.

A reasonable assumption on my part as your posting in a JB thread.

Upvote 0
Hello

Ive hit a few problems with this so am looking for a little help if poss

I downloaded the zip file but hit an error when trying to extract with winzip saying the general purpose flags stored in the local header are not the same as those in the central header , i redownloaded to ensure i did not have a bad downlaoad and still got the same issue.

I then tried winrar and extracted ok, went through the flashing process but it stopped immediately as the md5 checksum was incorrect.

Can anyone advise if i am doing something wrong and if so what or is this download now corrupt

Thanks

PS Merry Xmas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones