• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean for Infinity has arrived!

jhawkkw

Chinchillin'
Jul 30, 2011
Washington, DC
Just got a firmware update downloading, will report back soon. Though it seems to be large. I think its jellybean.

Edit: Confirmed to be jellybean. Installing now!

Second Edit: Installed successfully and ota rootkeeper restored root without any problems. Whole process took about 20 minutes.

baqajusu.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze and novox77
JB is faster and smoother than ICS. The new browser meant new passwords on all my bookmarked websites and ICS Browser+ is now dead. So are video sites using Flash, like PBS TV. There is supposedly a way to sideload and install Flash on JB. I'll have to research that. Face unlock works better, even with blinking. Google's "Search Now" is pretty slick, and so are the expandable notifications.

Bottom line: JB is a definite upgrade.

Reactions: Krakatau
Upvote 0
I gotta be honest,

I don't see a whole lot of improvement with the JB update. Not that I had much to complain about before. My infinity actually ran great before the update, and still runs great after. But I don't see a huge difference. Not looking forward to no flash, but I'm sure there will be a work around. I am excited about Google Now though.

What other differences should I be looking for with Jelly Bean?

Upvote 0
I can't get mine to find the update when told to search for it. Any suggestions?

Before taking the update, I copied the file from the cache folder. So, if you still can't get the update, and you have the US version (US version only!!!) then I have the update file:

Again, this is the US Version!!!

Upvote 0
Just upgraded to Jelly Bean.. Lost my "Quick Settings Panel" at the bottom right side of screen.. Having to go into "Settings" from Apps panel to do to do just about everything. Bummer!!! Haven't test drove any other apps yet..ASA I figure out how to restore QSP I will report back..

Mine still works....did you perchance perform a factory reset before installing the update? I did *NOT*.....

Upvote 0
Just got my update yesterday, took about 15-20 minutes. Did one cold boot about half an hour after it finished. First impressions are that the tablet has continued to improve, even more than it did with the firmware updates. Everything is zippy and smooth with very little lag, but I haven't yet had time to test all my apps. Enjoyed playing around with Google Now. Siri, watch your back! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones