1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean for LG Esteem??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidAdmire, Aug 12, 2012.

1. AndroidAdmire

AndroidAdmire Well-Known Member

Can anyone create a "perfect" almost like stock Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean theme for the LG Esteem?? It would be awesome!

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

We already have numerous ics themes for the esteem. I don't think more are needed IMO.

nuttmeg likes this.
  3. AndroidAdmire

Yeah but they all dont look like the real thing -_-

4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

and never will lmao

5. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

+1

not even on the greatest day. ;)

6. AndroidAdmire

How come? I tried it but i end up with some errors. Can we at least have one that doesnt look like its not a fake?

7. trygunzy

trygunzy Android Enthusiast

I think about the same thing sometimes. I don't see why we can't its not like we can't get the icons.

8. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

There's theme guides in the ATR... :)

9. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Only thing that isn't ics in any of the themes is the settings.

The rest is pulled from ics themes. Lol

10. trygunzy

trygunzy Android Enthusiast

question if I get a cm10 theme from the market and take out all the png could I replace my current icons with them? Using the same method you did to change my battery.

11. Fuzzy13

Yup. That;s how the ICS themes were made. All the icons were pulled from ICS themes except for the 4G icon which is just personal preference cause the stock ICS 4G Icon is awful.

But usually the HDPI icons are interchangeable. You might have to alter the name jsut a little bit but they will work.

12. AndroidAdmire

Okay, so can you Fuzzy create an ICS or JB theme with no percentage in the the battery, Off/On icons in the framework. BAsically can we take apart the ICS rom and take all of its icons??

13. Arsis

Arsis Newbie

-andriodAdmire-
    "Okay, so can you Fuzzy create an ICS or JB theme with no percentage in the the battery, Off/On icons in the framework. BAsically can we take apart the ICS rom and take all of its icons??"

Dude that's kind of alot to ask a guy that's already made an ics theme so has ldrifta both are the best ics themes i have seen,if you want better no one's stopping you.

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  14. Fuzzy13

Im working on a Jelly bean theme right now.

I didn't do a solid battery because everyone always wants the percent. The on/off icons are already in the theme. Well, my theme at least.

Im gonna try and make the Jelly Bean theme as close to the original as possible which there isn't that much different than ICS but it will include JB ringtones, sounds, etc.........

I made my ICS theme for me. I only released it cause I figured people might want it. ;)

15. OptiC-ShotS

OptiC-ShotS Android Enthusiast

i know im not so smart in this theming stuff.. but is it possible to give JB a bluish black background? Like if you look at JB or ICS, youll see that the background isnt just black. it has a cool blue color to it.. im just throwing in ideas because i love fuzzys ICS theme.

KrazeeCracker likes this.
  16. AndroidAdmire

Well im using Fuzzy's ICS theme and it ads really great apeal to my phone :D and i am looking foward to your JB theme! :D Thanks!

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  17. Fuzzy13

Where does this bluish black background go?

If you can give me a good idea of what your talking about I will most certinly try and do it.

I use the standard JB and ICS ROM/Themes to pull all of the images out of so whatever Is in them is what I use aside from my own personal touches and changes.

As far as the background for the settings I am also going to work on that as well from changing it from solid black to black fade to dark bluish at the bottom. ;)

18. Fuzzy13

I'm glad you like it. A lot of stuff I leave open if someone wants to change something because not everyone likes everything. Like the solid battery. Most people want a percentage. But I also like giving people options and if youve seen my ICS thread you will see that you can apply 12 different themes with the battery Icons ive added and the 2 different lock screens you can choose from. I personally like the stock lock, it's just so damn clean.

The JellyBean theme will have holo launcher and holo locker so the Jelly Bean lockscreen will be available. I wish I could just implement it into the theme but Im afraid im not that good. lol

19. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

I bet this jb theme will be hot how far are you into it?

20. Fuzzy13

A little ways into it. I've got to head out in a minute to go to a viewing and then I have a funeral tomorrow at 11 so I prolly wont have it done for a few days.

mike28 likes this.
  21. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Sorry to hear that :(
    Good Luck Fuzzy. :thumbup:

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  22. mike28

mike28 Android Expert

Oh sorry bro my condolences :(

Fuzzy13 likes this.
  23. Fuzzy13

Thanks dude

24. AndroidAdmire

Can you provide a link to your ICS themes with the 12 different choices. Id love to check them out. Thanks! :D

25. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Here ya go: Fuzzy's ICS Themes

Rxpert83 and Fuzzy13 like this.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews