• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean for the Galaxy Nexus

I want to put Yakju on my device but was worried.... If I need to bring in the phone for warranty service, unroot and restore to factory, will I be able to find a yakjux image? Is that even necessary?

(apologies: noob)

After you unlock the boot loader and root, you can use cwm or twrp recovery to make a backup of the stock os. Move the backup to your computer for safe keeping. If you ever need to return to stock, re-flash the stock backup in that recovery, then lock and unlock the boot loader again to wipe out the root, and finally lock the bootloader a second time to get back to total stock.

Reactions: blehwind
Upvote 0
After you unlock the boot loader and root, you can use cwm or twrp recovery to make a backup of the stock os. Move the backup to your computer for safe keeping. If you ever need to return to stock, re-flash the stock backup in that recovery, then lock and unlock the boot loader again to wipe out the root, and finally lock the bootloader a second time to get back to total stock.

Thank you this puts me at total ease

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones