• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean Google Search - No longer uses browser

dwsmha

Lurker
Jun 26, 2013
Hi, I just upgraded my Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean. With ICS, I would type something in the google search bar at the top of my home page, and results would open up in my default browser (usually Dolphin). After the upgrade, the search results load in some Google page, and then I tap a link to have it open in Dolphin. I want it back that results load directly in Dolphin, primarily so I can open multiple tabs from the results screen. Ideas?

True, but I had google results in Dolphin too, and the most important, could open new tabs. So it is supposed to do that? I was partly worried that something messed up, so if it is now supposed to do that, then that partly alleviates my annoyance. Maybe get rid of the google search bar completely, and just have a bookmark to google search website... I can't think of any alternatives...

Upvote 0
Google Search opens Google Now (dumb IMHO) and shows you a list of what you've searched for. Once you click on one of the links it will open your browser (for me, it opens Dolphin).

I feel that the Google Search widget is pretty much worthless. A bookmark on the desktop would seem to be a better alternative for some. I personally have Dolphin on my launchers dock, and it opens right to the Google search page. Less clutter on my screen hehe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones