1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Jelly bean issues anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slugger09, Mar 2, 2013.

1. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Northern Ireland
    I updated to the Nordic version of 4.1.2, while it looks fantastic I have founf it eats battery life and thats with wifi etc turned off when not being used. It lasts half as long as ICS so somethings eating the battery, I also found the screen gets very hot when on, especially in the top left hand corner. I installed the Netherlands version today and its exactly the same and yes I did a wipe etc.

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    If you did a FULL wipe, Internal and External memories plus a Factory Reset, and you were experiencing these problems, before restoring any app's whatsoever, on two different ROM's then you may well have a hardware problem.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    UK
    Hi

I have updated to the Nordic 4.1.2 version and have read tons about folks who have battery issues. I have never wiped/factory reset since I bought my phone with GB installed - I did clear the Devilich Cache or whatever it is called once - this doesn't wipe your phone but it did sort out a minor battery overheating issue I had when I upgraded to ICS.

4. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Male
    Jelly Bean is a big jump from Ice Cream Sandwich.
    I suggest you back up all important files(contacts, messages, app data, etc) and do a full wipe from 3e Recovery( hold VolUp+Home+Power).

By the way, are you rooted? Because if you are, you might want to try Neat Rom XWLSD. :)

5. Kimi The Worm

Kimi The Worm Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Inverness, Scotland
    The only issue I have found with the Samsung Rom is my haptic feedback disappeared after using the power saving mode. Even with it re-enabled under power saving and sound it did nothing.

Factory reset and all was good