1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Jelly Bean Issues

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    Sprint didn't release Jelly Bean until early December. At first I thought it was great. The phone actually ran a bit faster. As time goes on you learn all the sneaky little gotchas from Google. First, I went to use Navigation app. Always worked great. If you were on the road all you had to do was say or type in a destination and it took it from there. Now it brings up a dumb (literally) screen where I have to look at the screen and press at least two options before it brings up speech recognition. Then it cautions you it's in Beta and not to rely on the directions! Navigation was easy to use and was always right!

In the last five days I've discovered, after many hours of trying to figure out what was wrong with my external SDcard, you can no longer write files to the card. I can read existing files, but can't modify or add any new files. It seems there may be a way to work around this, but you need to be a real techno-geek to do it. The only reason for deliberately taking away the ability to use the external SDcard would be to ensure people need to upgrade to the next latest and greatest, with more space device, software, whatever.

Advertisement