1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean, LTE, fully Qwerty ???

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by viperpiper, Jul 3, 2013.

1. viperpiper

viperpiper Newbie

Is there such a phone out there that would have all the specs of Jelly Bean, LTE and have a fully functional (non touch) qwerty keyboard. I have tried the touch screen and realize how much I miss having a keyboard since I'm forever hitting backspace. If anyone has any suggestions....please let me know. I can't seem to find any phone that has all of these specs.

P.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Well-Known Member

funkylogik likes this.
  3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

funkylogik likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think that the future is gona be in soft keyboards so although i understand why you want a physical keyboard, i think looking forward, its maybe a good move to find a touch keyboard that suits you best and become an expert at using it. Best thing about software is you can take with you when you change device :thumbup:

5. viperpiper

viperpiper Newbie

I did try the swiftkey app but found it was actually worse for me then the samsung keyboard. There's no key spacing on the swiftkey keyboard. I also tried the app bigkeys, didn't like it much. So I guess I'm stuck with what I have.

I did read about the Samsung GT-B7810 that is rumored to be coming out this year, although it's not near as powerful as the galaxy s4, it would certainly suit my needs where I use my phone mainly for email and whatsapp or maybe even BBM whenever that comes out. I miss my real keyboard..... :(

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

SwiftKey does have multiple layouts for you to choose from. I personally use the landscape split layout. You can also change the size of the keys. SwiftKey also needs to learn from your typing. It also gets better over time. I still make many typos, but SwiftKey is very good at figuring out what I mean to type. I was always a fan of physical keyboards before, but I have found that SwiftKey has enabled me to type faster and more accurately than with any physical keyboard on a phone.

You can also try the Google keyboard. It is free, so it won't cost you anything to really give it a thorough trial.

7. viperpiper

viperpiper Newbie

I'm trying the google keyboard... seems pretty good. The first thing I've noticed that I'm not too crazy about though is the little or hardly detectable haptic feedback. I have it turned up to max in the settings but when using the google keyboard you hardly even feel it vibrate on a key press.

8. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast

Perfect keyboard has a t9 setting; it's not qwerty but it's not Swype either. :D

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I'm actually at the point where I wish my laptop had Swype. LOL. You'll get used to a soft keyboard soon enough.

10. viperpiper

viperpiper Newbie

I bought the swype keyboard app since the one that came with the galaxy s4 didn't have any other themes. I noticed the one theme with the purchased version has a bit of space between the keys so I'm not making nearly as many typos anymore. We'll see how this goes.