1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean on Boost Force

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Joethebro35, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Joethebro35

Joethebro35 Newbie

I just got a reply back from boost saying that there is no update for jelly bean (YET). I hope this means it's an inevitability.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 2prevail

2prevail Android Enthusiast

Good stuff, ZTE and Boost never answer me -_-

3. Joethebro35

Joethebro35 Newbie

Yeah Im bugging zte too, but Im not holding my breath for them to respond.

4. Golono

Golono Member

I contacted ZTE back in May and I specifically asked about the possibility of an update to Jellybean.
    This was their response:
    Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thank you for contacting ZTE.

End-users are advised not to upgrade their phone versions until the software is released formally.

Regarding your inquiry, we would recommend that you'd better contact your network operator or dealer to consult.

Because the android updated is based on the demand of your local network operator or dealer,

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards

5. Golono

Golono Member

I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it. I assume that they are trying to imply that it depends on the carrier's demand for it. I would say the best we can do is to badger both companies until we get what we want.

6. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Guys give up, start a group, find a phone with similar hardware, use its kernel source, and build recovery and cm. Trying to contact Corps arent ever gonna get u guys anywhere

7. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

Funny,I went on FB last night and asked Boost Mobile about a Jelly Bean update and There response was.
    That it was up to ZTE, To produce and release an update.

Sent from my N9100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

8. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Yeah but they will ALWAYS say its up to the Service Provider to release it, that's why the community is here. They don't give u the run around

9. Golono

Golono Member

The problem is that the community for this phone is relatively inexperienced and we lack devs. Plenty of people who are willing to test though.

MidshipAc likes this.
  10. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Then we just need ppl who are barely experienced but willing. To learned, band together and make something, im currently working on a kernel for you guys. I don't even have the device but i know what I'm doing. I have one person testing something now, I'm waiting on his rresults

MidshipAc likes this.
  11. Golono

Golono Member

I agree. I'm personally willing to learn and I'm trying to figure out where should I start. I'm a fast learner and I'm up for a challenge.

tgamble160 likes this.
  12. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

Hang around the All Things Root forums. There will be a lot more coming, and you might just learn a thing or two. ;)

13. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

I got this response from ZTE on FB.

Sorry for the late reply, but to answer your question, Boost is considering an update to JB in a future software update but a schedule is not defined as of yet.

Sent from my N9100

MidshipAc likes this.
  14. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

LOL they pulling your leg!

15. rbheromax

rbheromax Android Expert

That's what I was thinking, but they may update you considering you're somewhat of a flagship device. Just something to think about

MidshipAc likes this.
  16. 2prevail

I don't see what boost could possibly be considering, almost all of their phones are on jellybean except the one that actually carries the company's name in its title. Is it really going to kill them to give the customers what they want?

17. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

its mostly based on demand, we bugged the hell out of zte for the sequent stuff and they watch the forums as well. they are already among us O_O lol. but yea rbheromax is right. when i got a sequent we had a root method, that is it... no cwm, no custom roms, nothing. and i didnt know what i was doing but i was heavily motivated by the fact that i knew id end up breaking it if i didnt have a working copy of cwm. so i didnt what i had to do and got it done, and now im focusing on helping mouse do the same for the force, so hopefully you guys will at least have a good working cwm soon, if not a bootable cm. we have it at the boot animation and almost to the point of booting all the way up

it would REALLY help if they would give us some source code for the kernel though, so if someone could come up with some proper working kernel source that would be awesome

18. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

I was on the Boost Mobile website looking for a phone to purchase for my wife next month,And I was looking at the Boost Force(Thinking of getting another one,But for my wife).
    And to my surprise,I saw that JB 4.1 is posted as the ROM on the Force.
    See for yourself;;;
    http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/phones/boost-force/

Sent from my N9100

MidshipAc likes this.
  19. MidshipAc

MidshipAc Well-Known Member

Nice find AMOCO
    Hopefully it means good news
    Even though well have to start over with rooting and things

AMOCO likes this.
  20. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

i think they're watching o.o

21. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

If this is the case I would make them pull it out of the box and show u the new version. These companies are notorious for printing this but the phone either will have to wait for the upgrade or it is a typo. In the event that it will come as one or the other we will have a source for the source for the Force, ha lil humor for the day! ;)

22. AMOCO

AMOCO The Computer Guy
    VIP Member

My post on Boost Mobile FB:
    I was on the Boost Mobile website yesterday and I noticed that the Boost Force now has Android 4.1(Jelly Bean).
    Is this true or a typo?
    Because if it does come with Android 4.1,Then where is the update release for us that have a Boost Force now.
    And if it is a typo,Then Boost Mobile needs to fix the Boost Force add.

Boost Mobile: You can always check for updates from your handset by selecting menu from your home screen>settings> and updates. ^Mary R

Me: I know this.

Someone on FB said:
    They released on August 15 so you should be getting it soon.

Me: Cool,Thanks.

Sent from my N9100

23. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

how soon is soon? I need it NOWWWW!!!!! lol. can't wait to see if we're really getting jb!

24. 2prevail

There's no update on ZTE's website for the phone. They would've posted it by now... just an observation

25. 2prevail

MidshipAc likes this.

ZTE Force 4G LTE Forum

The ZTE Force 4G LTE release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 427 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews