• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly bean update 4.3

Just checked for the update on my unbranded handset, got a message saying "maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded"

See, here...

Yes, Android 4.3 is being rolled out now. First to get it is Product code DBT, CSC code OXA, Germany, for the quad core, International version. Minority variants and carrier branded firmwares are anybodies guess as Gomjaba states. If you are carrier branded, then you should contact your carrier as it is they who have to add their bloatware and return it to Samsung for release.

Unless you are running the German firmware, Product code DBT and CSC code OXA, you currently won't get it as this is, so far, the only 4.3 to be released. Depending on your model of S4 and carrier, see 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?, it could be several months before it is released for your phone.

Upvote 0
Hear me out folks, I installed JB 4.3 on my s4 9505 from reason I prefered my s4 how it was if I delete the ROM would it boot up with the default 4.2.2 what the phone came with?

you can't 'delete the rom' - you will need to find the stock ROM for your phone/carrier, and flash that (the same way you installed the 4.3 version)

Reactions: miggymiggs
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
With 4.3, did Samsung finally decided to permit lockscreen widgets when the phone is pin/password locked? Or are they still holding on to their "no security with widgets" motto?

I'm sorry, that I don't know.

I never use pin lock-screen. I actually want the thief to have access to my phone and I don't have anything on it, that I would want to hide from people who just take my phone to check it out :)

Upvote 0
Quick Tip: Samsung build numbers reflect the year, M = 13, month, J = 10, and the build of that month which can be either a numeral, 7, or a letter, A.

Therefore, the previous Verizon firmware, VRUAME7, is a build from May, 2013. Whilst the latest release, VRUDMI1, is a September build.

The Android 4.3 releases for October will be suffixed with MJ?.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones