1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean Update for Motorola Defy (Cyanogen Mod 10)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robinson101, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Robinson101

Robinson101 Lurker

Encerspay and !on like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MotoDefy

MotoDefy Newbie

hi
    a newbi Question

what would be the proper steps to upgrade to JellyBean CM10 from CM7
    I read some arent doing a wipe data/factory reset/wipe Cache/Wipe dalvik and its giving them some issues.(worried about a bricking)

3. !on

!on Android Expert

Those are the kiddies who are too excited about flashing CM10 & forgot to do half the things they were told to in the instruction. Very silly really; it's only a few steps & all done in the recovery, people just need to slow down & do it correctly!

It's even sillier if those people already managed to get CM7 or 9 on, but this time chose to gloss over the instruction!

I will wait for the nightlies to come along when all the bugs have all but gone.

4. GreenEli

GreenEli Lurker

Heads up - You have to be on stock firmware to try this.. Go back to stock if you are on a ROM

5. akshay87

akshay87 Lurker

hi

i have been using CM7 from quite some time on my defy. plz let me know what are the things that will work (and more importantly, what all won't!!) if i switch to CM10 now.

Motorola Defy Forum

The Motorola Defy release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 3610 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews