• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My guess is late Sept/October, pure speculation.

Samsung is going the way of Motorola though. Moto used to be king with Android, then they had a ton of devices, and they all began having problems, and updates failed to be delivered timely. Motorola just became the brand to avoid after the RAZR and Blur interface failures.

Samsung has left us high and dry since its last update, lots of instability, battery problems, weird issues with phones. And look how many devices they are churning out.

Obesity happens because people have a problem with digesting and eating too much. Then obesity kills/harms them. Samsung is getting obese and too big to fail is about to kick in like it did with Moto.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was going to apply for all Note 2's, but I remember reading an article somewhere with a rumor that Samsung would be skipping the 4.2.2 update for the Note 2 completely and going directly to 4.3. And the 4.3 update was supposed to come shortly after the Note 3 is announced. Sorry, I can't remember where the article was, but that's what I remember reading.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was going to apply for all Note 2's, but I remember reading an article somewhere with a rumor that Samsung would be skipping the 4.2.2 update for the Note 2 completely and going directly to 4.3. And the 4.3 update was supposed to come shortly after the Note 3 is announced. Sorry, I can't remember where the article was, but that's what I remember reading.

This is what I am led to believe also.

Upvote 0
It isn't looking too promising folks! I suppose that it is time for me to finally ROOT this phone. I have been in love with it since I got it when it launched last year. Normally, I root shortly after I get a phone but with the GN2, it wasn't necessary! It's a great phone as-is. But I won't simply let it get "left behind"... I'll have to start combing the forum for best-of-breed ROM's. It was good while it lasted though!

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/08/26/samsung-galaxy-note-2-android-4-3-update-details-pulled

Upvote 0
It isn't looking too promising folks! I suppose that it is time for me to finally ROOT this phone. I have been in love with it since I got it when it launched last year. Normally, I root shortly after I get a phone but with the GN2, it wasn't necessary! It's a great phone as-is. But I won't simply let it get "left behind"... I'll have to start combing the forum for best-of-breed ROM's. It was good while it lasted though!

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Details Pulled

I hope that's not true, but at the same time, I don't necessarily "need" the update as much as my Photon did. Otherwise, I'm going to have to re-think my phone choices. The Photon was said to be on the ICS upgrade list initially, when I purchased, but as time went on things kept getting delayed and eventually, it was announced by Motorola that they wouldn't be updating the Photon to ICS. That's the reason I jumped on the Samsung bandwagon...this won't necessarily make me jump back off, but it would be very disappointing anyway.

-EDIT- Nevermind...I just read the article more thoroughly. This is all speculation from a carrier removing the Note 2 from the list of future updates, but it's not Samsung, so that doesn't really say anything. Until Samsung comes out and says definitively, "the Note 2 will stay on 4.1.2," I'll just wait for word from them.

Upvote 0
4.2 and 4.3 are known to create issues. 4.3, for instance, can cause GPS issues in some phones, like GN.

But, yeah, i am disappointed that Samsung has not done much updating since release. I should know better though from previoius ownership but i was hoping that Samsung had change. It looks like HTC is becoming more like the old days of giving their customers updates in a relatively timely manner.

Reactions: pbrstanwood
Upvote 0
Trust me you don't want it lol, its a pita... it def a firmware bug. but only one ive had in a year nearly of ownership, and ive had mine since 2 days from release.. Just had to have it lol
LOL. Had that on mine, but also had the very disruptive '0' level brightness (ie. no brightness) bug. Some Note 2 firmwares (dependent on region and build) fixed this (by auto correcting the level to '1'), but others not so. Figures I ended up with the firmware that did not fix this bug either. All it took was an app to expose this and you end up with a 'dead' unresponsive phone that requires a reboot.

Upvote 0
Well seeing that October has come and practically gone, it looks like that article that I posted 2 months ago had merit. I rooted and haven't looked back. I have had to accept that these companies are in the phone manufacturing business, not the phone upgrading biz. In fact, devs are reporting more and more deterrents to rooting are being loaded from the factories. Proving that they don't want us to upgrade the OS, they want us buying PHONES, ;)

Upvote 0
Leaked Samsung release schedule reveals carrier plans for 4.3 update :D

samsung-android-4-3.jpg

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones