1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jelly Bean Was Pushed Out But I Never Got It - Do I Need To Root?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by MinDev, Aug 8, 2013.

1. MinDev

MinDev Member

So Jelly Bean was pushed out to my device months back before I even owned this particular phone, however every time I try to check for updates I either get a server error or that my phone is up to date, do I need to root to get it or what?

Has anyone else had this happen? What did you do?

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Better to ask in the forum for your particular device man because it varies. Good luck :beer:

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

There may be different variants of your phone, so your variant may not have gotten any update.

Rooting will actually prevent you from getting updates pushed by your carrier or manufacturer. I rooted mine and when I check, it tells me that I cannot get updates because my phone has been modified.

funkylogik likes this.
  4. MinDev

MinDev Member

Thank you funkylogic - I have checked there, but it seems that some devices of my same variant got it and some didn't... Because I like to stay current and my device forum isn't as up to date, I thought I'd just check/ post in the lounge. I will definitely check again, though.

And, yes, Stuntman, I know that it will stop me from effectively getting updates from my carrier. That wasn't what I was asking. But, thanks anyway.

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Is it the One X? Theres probably some good custom roms for it :thumbup: