1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Jelly bean!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adien666, Dec 11, 2012.

1. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    just got the update to jelly bean. any one else get it, and if you did, what was different?:D

Advertisement

asucit2 likes this.
  2. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    I heard it was out today and I keep checking, it just keeps telling me that my phone is up to date?
    :thinking:

No clue what's up, but with AT&T you never know.

3. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Checked checked for updates and was notified Jellybean 4.1.1 is available, downloading now.

4. WirelessGuy

Mar 20, 2010
  5. lindsey1021

lindsey1021 New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    jelly bean just downloaded..looks nice

6. wellsies2

wellsies2 Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Thankfully employed!
    Illinois
    My phone will download the update, but fails to install it. Phone is stock, but has been rooted. Any ideas?

7. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    I got the notification as soon as I left work. The WiFi is wonky here. It downloaded seamlessly and once it installed and I re-rebooted it, it has run fine. I like a lot of the updates.

8. I hate it..well, I hate that there is no longer an option to connect USB as a mass storage. Taking that away outweighs the improvements.

Is there a way to go back to ICS?

9. WirelessGuy

Mar 20, 2010
    Enable "USB Debugging" under "Settings/Developer Options" and then under USB Options select "Media Device (MTP)" and you can access all of your files from your computer just like the old Mass Storage setting.

10. I can connect to my CPU without enabling Debugging. I have the the updated drivers and Moto software. That's not the issue.

My biggest deal is I can no longer connect to my Ford's Sync system. The sync doesn't even recognize there is a device plugged in. When I enable USB Debugging, it recognizes the device but doesn't read it. It just says 'Indexing' for hours. It worked fine before the changed when on Mass Storage mode. I thought the Sync system supported MTP playback, but I guess not.

11. tadam

tadam Member

Feb 19, 2011
    It seems that my speed dial numbers have all been lost and I can't find a way to get them back.

12. Dewz

Dewz New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    The HDMI has been screwed up since downloading Jelly Bean. Movies are displayed in what seems to be 240p. Really hoping for a fix or an available ICS downgrade soon. :mad:

13. korn16ftl3

korn16ftl3 Member

May 27, 2012
    my dad has been on a rant about this for ever and moterola said we have to make icon widgits as a replacement for the speed dial....i want to know how to downgrade this...like yesterday......so sick of hearing about how this update screwed up his phone....

14. collinsexton

collinsexton New Member

Mar 21, 2013
    You can access all of your files through the computer just as easily as mass storage. You can set the device as a media device (MTP) to transfer files on Windows. You can transfer photos by using Camera (PTP) if you have camera importing software. To access these options, select "Connected as a media device" on your notification bar when you plug your device into your computer.