1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jellybean 4.1.2 rooted now How to change APN settings?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ncdad1969, Dec 6, 2013.

1. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

Got Jellybean 4.1.2 rooted successfully. On Straight Talk with GSM card. Got phone service incoming and outgoing and txt but no data.
    Need to change apn settings. Can someone point me to how to do this?
    Thanks!

netslider likes this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by ncdad1969, Dec 11, 2013 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

If you have the Verizon manual, go to the bottom of page 220. Otherwise:

Settings
    Data Usage
    VPN
    Mobile Networks

Change the APN in there. I assume you have the settings in the data you got with the SIM, or you know where to find them on ST's site.

4. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

thank you...but..
    tried still doesnt allow me to add or change apn.

5. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

Okay, after about 4 days I finally figured this out. Running Jellybean 4.1.2 Rooted, on StraightTalk GSM. All settings working and stable.:smokingsomb:
    I got my C811 with Jellybean 4.1.2 already installed. Rooted with motochopper. Used Titanium backup pro, offlinesim apn, and Straight talk settings to get this puppy rolling. Thanks to all of you guys who contribute here and know far, far, far more than I ever will about Android.

6. Doctoror

Doctoror Well-Known Member

I didn't get a thing. Please explain what exactly have you done to enable "New APN" menu?

7. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

Used titanium pro...changed offline Apn to system app. Ran it...changed settings from what it listed to what straightalk
    has listed for their Apn. Very easy and stable.

Doctoror likes this.
  8. thamkt82

thamkt82 Newbie

You can get detailed instructions for me ?????

9. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

Download the following:
    motochopper
    latest c811 drivers
    Titanium backup pro (paid version)
    offlinesim apn (paid version)
    open motochopper, connect phone to computer. Hit root button....should only take a few minutes. Disconnect from computer. Open Titanium backup, click on backup/restore. search for Offlinesim apn, hold button down to access menu, change to system app (toward the bottom of menu). Close it and go to Offlinessim apn. Open, run thru the menu let it search for settings. Use APN settings from Straighttalk. Mannually enter settings...do not change anything but what settings need to be changed....leave the rest alone. click add these settings. takes u to APN screen. click back button and it says they are set. Reboot phone.
    Im still tweaking APN due to a known MMS send/receive issue. I can send Pic message but not receive yet.....RRRRrrrr. IF I come across APN settings that fix that I will post. But I have internet, data, txt, talk, everything but getting a pic sms/mms.

meskalin, netslider and rickrabies like this.
  10. thamkt82

thamkt82 Newbie

Not found offlinesim apn in titanium ....

debush likes this.
  11. Doctoror

I used Offline SIM APN free version.

12. ncdad1969

ncdad1969 Lurker

Doc, You know any settings that may help with the not getting MMS pic messages?

I used the paid offline sim apn just to have the international codes when I travel. cheap enough.

13. Doctoror

No. I've never used MMS since 2008.

14. debush

debush Lurker

Used your info to root and set ANP everything works pic both ways. Used settings from offlinesim pro to set APN only changed APN to tfdata tried to post settings but forum would not let me

15. space_cat

space_cat Well-Known Member

16. bigbuck170

bigbuck170 Lurker

I have a casio C811 on straight talk, I used the APN settings and I have data working with ATT. Does anyone know how to make data work when roaming on Verizon towers? Is it possible? I have very few ATT towers near me so my phone is always Roaming. I can only make calls and send normal text messages while on Verizon Roaming. also this phone does not pick up Verizon towers as well as my c771 did, is this common? is it just the phone or is it because of the ATT sim?:mad::thinking::thinking:

17. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

Its because of the AT&T SIM. There are no roaming agreements between AT&T and Verizon so while your phone is connected to a GSM carrier it's not going to look for CDMA towers and would not connect to them if it found them. You may want to use StraightTalk CDMA or PagePlus if GSM isn't working for you...

18. bigbuck170

bigbuck170 Lurker

okay, it will connect to Verizon but its roaming, I can make calls and send texts but no data. I will have to get a different C771 and go back to it. That one works. Thanks for your help.

19. rickrabies

rickrabies Member

my God...this whole time i thought i was on jellybean..NOPEE. i have ICS
    i think if i find how to change up to JB i can get this to work

20. bestaudioguy

bestaudioguy Well-Known Member

I cannot seem to find the place to change the APN on my Verizon C811. Its rooted and on M050.

I can find it and pull it up, but it wont allow make changes to anything except the name. Everything else is greyed out.

Settings only gives me 3 choices. 1. Delete APN 2. Save 3. Discard

Reluctant to delete it with no way to add a new one. Save is save and discard is to remove the name change.

Once I find a way to add a new one I will delete.
    Any way to add or to at least edit the MMC

21. meskalin

meskalin Newbie

I used lucky patcher (it's free) instead of titanium backup pro

22. rickrabies

rickrabies Member

nothing worked. phone ended up frying or something. bricked. i think i accidently deleted a system file in rummytoolbox app when deleting music. bam. froze. restart stuck in boot loop. then nothing.
    got a galaxy s3......i will always love the commado phone. was perfect for me :(

23. Mark X

Mark X Lurker

Thanks so much for this tutorial. I just replaced cracked screen on my C811 that was just sitting around for a while. I wanted to use this phone for Cricket and got data to work with this tutorial. I do have issues with mms also but I'm happy data/internet is working.

Found a work around for mms. Set google hangouts as my default sms/mms app and was able to send and receive pictures.

#22 Mark X, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  24. titant

titant Lurker

HI
    I followed most of the steps , rooted , back up and install the offlinesim paid version. I updated the APN SETTING and saved it in the rooted device option , but nothing has been changed still cannot use data at all only wifi .
    Im using three sim card in the UK , all other option are working fine except the data.
    Could you please help ,

25. Doctoror

Hi.
    After you add the setting go to Device Settings -> Wireless and Networks: More -> Mobile networks -> Access point names.
    Find your newly added APN in the list and make sure the bullet near it is checked (if not, press to add the bullet).
    After that it should work.

26. titant

titant Lurker

hi doctoror, the problem is that cant see the APN list , its blank
    the offline sim has detected the network APN , I applied them but nothing...sound Im missing something
    I runned the offlinesim app from titanium but still cannot see the APN LIST which always blank.

Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews