1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Jellybean 4.1.2 update"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gustyfoo, Dec 24, 2012.

1. monicakm

monicakm Android Enthusiast

I don't have it :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. monicakm

monicakm Android Enthusiast

Do NOT want to have to do a factory reset again. I've just about got things back the way they're supposed to be from the last time I did a factory reset (to fix a problem)

I'm not rooted, don't want to be and have no problem using FoxFi when I need it.

Don't want to lose Flash but, if it works, I've read there are ways to install it on JB.

Is there any way for this to go smooth and be happy with JB based on the above? <lol>

3. Grey1001

Grey1001 Android Enthusiast

Unless you side load the "unofficial" update you're still on ICS, I'm waiting for the actual OTA since ICS works well enough for now.

4. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

I say "frequent" as I already did it soon after ICS and I had to do it again last month. I just don't think I should have to factory reset my phone once a year and reinstall everything. And I'm still having problems with the keyboard failing and delayed dialing.

I'm not sure what you mean by starting on a fresh system. Do you mean you did the FR before upgrading?

5. mfheinze

mfheinze Lurker

I received the update but haven't installed it yet. I have decided to wait until the offical release. The update has been download but I would like to purge it. Does anyone know where it is located? I am rooted and have Root explorer. I have also frozen the updater program in Titanium backup to stop the nag screen.

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to the AndroidForums, mfheinze :).

If you accepted an OTA via a normal OTA push, the file should get downloaded to your /cache directory and you'd have to use Root Explorer to see it and delete it.

Note that I'm speaking generically as I don't actually own a RAZR MAXX :), but the /cache partition is where all OTA .zip files that I've received have been located.

Also, if you received this file via an OTA push by Moto / VZW, wouldn't that make it official? :thinking:

Hope that helps and again, welcome to AF!

7. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Scary, since you don't have a Razr, you likely don't know about the aborted OTA JB rollout. It rolled for about a day and then was pulled back and declared to be an 'accident'. For that reason, some folks are saying what was pushed out was not the final version - thus not 'official'.

scary alien likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Ah, thank you, Hoto! :)

That does indeed make sense...the OTA's .zip file should still be in the /cache directory though, eh?

9. valorian

valorian Android Expert

My wife just got a Droid Razr from Verizon last weekend. Her phone has 4.0.4 on it. Should it have had 4.1.2 on it? When she does a check for updates she's told there are no updates.

10. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Nope, 4.1.2 is JellyBean, it hasn't been pushed out to us yet.
    If you/she wants to root the phone there are some good JB ROMs available, otherwise it's a waiting game until Verizon/Motorola push out the update.

11. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

You can install the leak without root.

12. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

One glitch I found..sometimes when on a call, and I take the phone away to hit speaker, the screen doesn't light until I hit the power button...same thing, but only sometimes, when I need to use the keypad. About 90% of the time, when the call is over, and I take the phone away from my face, the screen doesn't light up again until the other person hangs up, unless I hit the power button. Kind of annoying. Another thing I found, can't call it a glitch, is the keypad tones echo when using the keypad on a call, like with voicemail, or any other call when you need the keypad. Doesn't seem to affect anything, just thought it strange. Battery life seems improved, but I wish the proximity sensor worked better. Since this was sent out ota, when the final release comes, will everyone who got the ota(including those like me who flashed it afterward) receive the next update?

13. sheepy1

sheepy1 Lurker

Just updated using the instructions on xda. Can't believe I waited so long to do this! On ICS my phone was lagging terribly, but now things are so much faster (project butter, I presume). Hopefully I don't run into any annoying glitches!

14. LureCourser

LureCourser Lurker

I flashed the leak in Jan. Phone works great. FoxFi still works via bluetooth.

15. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

That was happening to me on ICS until I got a replacement from VZW. Now I've noticed it isn't happening... yet.

16. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

Mine wasn't doing it until JB...i wonder if i should do a factory reset again from recovery, reflash and reset again...kind of a PITA, but I'd like it to work properly.

17. BKline2003

BKline2003 Well-Known Member

I know the OTA JB update is suppose to come out some time in the first quater of this year, but have VZW and Motorola set an exact date yet?

18. Ekim Gram

Ekim Gram Member

I was looking for this information. Unless anything has changed in the past 24 hours the answer is most likely no.

BKline2003 likes this.
  19. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

Verizon rep told me they have yet to receive a firm issue date for Jelly Bean. You get the standard- "We want to be sure it's perfect" answer. That's fine with me.

20. gripweed

gripweed Android Enthusiast

My company has been saying the same thing about our product...........for a year and a half now.

21. shelland

shelland Well-Known Member

Just like most big updates on a smart phone I've experienced, everyone will scream that it's taking too long then when it's released will scream that they released it too soon. :D

22. BKline2003

BKline2003 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if i might have missed anything on a date was all. They can take their time, just getting a little antzie for it. After getting my MAXX after living in the stone age on my Dorid X and and GB I am just wanting to catch up to the times. Thank you all for the replies.

23. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

Please save me the time of going through all these threads this morning. If I flash the JB update to my wifes phone, will she have to basically start over with her apps and widgets and all? I have flashed custom ROMs on my Droid, and that is just the way it is. Same go for this one??

24. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Android Enthusiast

I flashed it over on my phone and I didn't loose anything. If you want to start fresh then an FDR would wipe everything out like you are asking. There are some apps out there that save progress on apps and the like so you might want to look into that if you are going to do the FDR.

25. Smallcurd

Smallcurd Lurker

I have the same problem. I did a full reset after upgrading to JB and never had problems with ICS. I can even aim the phone at the sun or direct light and the screen won't turn on.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews