• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Jellybean 4.1.2 update"

So far I love everything about the update...but group texting is gone and that pisses me off. I am a soccer coach and it isnt easy to send out a text to individual people. I tried dw contacts and there is no way to tell that i sent it.

Not sure what you mean? I seem to have group texting still?

I love the update. Feels like a whole new phone. I do not see a difference in battery life for better or worse.

Upvote 0
It sounds like your update did not complete properly... for whatever reason.

Might be prudent to call Verizon Wireless and see if they can troubleshoot and replace your phone. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens from time to time... :rolleyes:

Well my son and I both have the Maxx that updatec on 12/24. His computer opened Motocast and that was it. Today mine could not even find the device. So on a whim we barged into the granddaughter's room and plugged his into her computer. Voila. All drives are visible. So figured try mine. Yep found it and all drives are visible. So this is not a phone issue but a computer issue. I even installed new drivers from the Moto site and it still cannot find the device. No clue why. But we know its not the phone..and all our stuff is there after all so life was good!:D

Reactions: Martimus
Upvote 0
I did the manual update and I LOVE it. 100 times smoother (I know, that is hard to believe because it was very smooth before Jelly Bean). I love the new little features it has, especially Google now...If you are like me and wish the Motorola clock was included, look no further. Follow this link http://forum.hdblog.it/f516/%5Bapp%5D-motorola-razr-m-launcher-clock-widget-69377/and install the Weather, rings, and homescreen zip files. Once you use launch the new homescreen, you can then select the rings clock as a widget. This was unable to work previously because the stock weather motorola app wasn't able to uninstall, so you couldn't sync the weather....well now you can!!! Overall, if you are one of the many that didn't get your hands on the OTA update and you are debating on flashing it yourself, I would say go for it and don't look back...

Upvote 0
I installed the update and have been trying to get to recovery to clear cache. When the triage screen comes up I hold down both volume buttons at the same time like I always have and nothing happens not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what the problem is. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Thanks

Keep trying it they changed the timing and now you really have to hit them at the same time. Took me quite a few tries to get it but it does still work.

Upvote 0
I did the manual update and I LOVE it. 100 times smoother (I know, that is hard to believe because it was very smooth before Jelly Bean). I love the new little features it has, especially Google now...If you are like me and wish the Motorola clock was included, look no further. Follow this link [APP] Motorola Razr M Launcher / Clock Widgetand install the Weather, rings, and homescreen zip files. Once you use launch the new homescreen, you can then select the rings clock as a widget. This was unable to work previously because the stock weather motorola app wasn't able to uninstall, so you couldn't sync the weather....well now you can!!! Overall, if you are one of the many that didn't get your hands on the OTA update and you are debating on flashing it yourself, I would say go for it and don't look back...

NVM...it works. I did a reboot and all is good thank you.

Upvote 0
Here's a screenshot that was posted on Droid Life. Does this help answer what will happen when the OTA arrives?

Attachments

• jelly-bean1.jpg
    jelly-bean1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0
So has anyone kept root and are still able to tether (not vzw hotspot)? If so, what are you using to tether?

Also can anyone care to explain the easiest way to root and how to keep it when I side load my update?

(I was a guide here at least a year ago now, so please excuse my questions, been out of the game for a while.)

Thanks!

Yes, WiFi Tether For Root Users works great.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5nb29nbGVjb2RlLmFuZHJvaWQud2lmaS50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

For your other questions, follow the directions in the OP, NO shortcuts! :)
Jellybean Rolling Out for the Original Verizon DROID RAZR! **How to Keep Root** - DroidRzr.com

Upvote 0
So has anyone kept root and are still able to tether (not vzw hotspot)? If so, what are you using to tether?

Also can anyone care to explain the easiest way to root and how to keep it when I side load my update?

(I was a guide here at least a year ago now, so please excuse my questions, been out of the game for a while.)

Thanks!

Yes and yes however I'm using hotspot but Wifi Tether and FoxFi both work. If you want to use the vzw hotspot there is a way.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1981625

Upvote 0
Just updated using the manual update. Seemed to go real well. time will tell.
UPDATE: Everything seems fine except no WIFI. My status just reads Connecting...
Any ideas?
I have that problem with one of the routers at work since the update. I work in a hotel and have one that is a public WiFi and a separate one for some meeting rooms. I have not been able to connect to the public WiFi since the update but my tablet which is stock can and at home I have WiFi so I have tried factory resets and clearing the cache multiple times but that hasn't worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones