1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Jellybean 4.1.2 update"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gustyfoo, Dec 24, 2012.

1. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

It's the same exact thing that some people received ota

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Not necessarily. Often times update ota's require you to be on a specific version in order for it to update properly. Many bionic users can attest to this because there were numerous leaks for ICS, and the only way to take the official ota zip was to be on the last official Gingerbread version. They at least had the option the downgrade, unlike this version currently. Using a full rom file instead of an ota file might be a completely different story though.

3. carracerz14

carracerz14 Android Expert

Yes in order to take the ota you would have to be on the latest official rom, what I was referring to was side loading. It will be just as easy as loading the file up in your stock recovery and flashing it. Maybe doing a data wipe in the process.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Yep, I lost root. And that exploit worked ... after 4 tries. I posted what I had to do to make it work in that thread on the other forum, as well as the 'JB Devices can now be rooted' thread in the All Things Root subforum of this forum.

5. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

You are lucky no sign of the JB update being offered here in UK. But happy with ICS at Moment so no big deal.

6. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

Honestly gonna pass on the JB update myself. Already have the updater frozen in my TB.

Between rooting the phone and tweaking it over the past year i have no complaints. Flash works perfectly and thx to various other programs there is never an issue of lagg or delay at all. If it ain't broke don't fix it i say.

That being said looking forward to playing with JB but will just have to wait until it's time for an upgrade. :)

7. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

Are there any issues with the "unofficial" update? Been thinking about doing it manually instead of waiting but I'm unsure.

8. Dabrador

Dabrador Android Enthusiast

I've had no issues whatsoever. It's really improved my phone. Glad I did it.

9. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

I've had no issues, but as with all upgrades, handle with care (I'd also strongly encourage upgraders to do an FDR). I've seen isolated reports of people bricking their phones.

10. JemmyDucks

JemmyDucks Member

No problems here. Phone works a little more smoothly. Everything works fine. But if you are unrooted and rely on FoxFi, be aware that JB breaks FoxFi (for now, anyway).

11. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast

Does JB break usb tethering to.

12. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Yes it does, but you can do the sql hack to get tethering back.

13. fascinated

fascinated Well-Known Member

I updated to the Jelly bean build. How do I turn off the vibrate when I unlock the screen?

I've looked everywhere in settings so I must be missing something.

14. Dabrador

System Settings > Sound > Screen lock sound & Vibrate on touch

15. Ekim Gram

Ekim Gram Member

Has there been an update as to when/if we should expect an official OTA?

16. Dabrador

brandijohnson6 and mriff like this.
  17. CarGuy

CarGuy Lurker

I got mine on 12/24/12 on OTA and it worked fine. I was able to download the update that night and it has worked fine ever since. One thing I do miss is that Adobe Flash will no longer work on JB. Such a bummer unless you want to root your phone.

brandijohnson6 likes this.
  18. loonee2n

loonee2n Newbie

Haven't been on the forum in a while. My RAZR Maxx did everything I needed it to do with ICS, so I kept it stock without root. Started reading the forums and reading stuff about JB so I decided to take the plunge. Manual flash worked flawlessly. I went with overkill and did factory reset before and after flash. Losing FoxFi for tether sucked so I took the plunge again and rooted. Read the instructions and root worked flawlessly. Now I have a smooth, quick RAZR with rooted WiFi tether. Bottom line, if you want JB it's out there now so why wait for the OTA? I can't see the OTA being different or much better than the JB that's here now. I should also mention that if you want to do it but are new to this, then ask around and READ before doing it, but the devs did very well with the instructions and programs.

scary alien likes this.
  19. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

If nothing else, the improved battery life alone would have made the upgrade worth it to me.

scary alien likes this.
  20. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert

Battery life is far superior to ICS, in my case. I went from having almost no battery left at the end of my work day to having over 50% remaining since the jump to JB. Worth every bit of the effort, IMHO

scary alien likes this.
  21. LureCourser

LureCourser Lurker

I used the link and flashed the update about 3 weeks ago. The phone has been absolutlely flawless since then. FoxFi still works using bluetooth too. As mentioned many times, follow the instructions. It took a good phone and has made it great.

scary alien likes this.
  22. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Android Enthusiast

Looking more and more like I need to flash and enjoy the goodness all of you are experiencing.

scary alien likes this.
  23. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Yup, you do... :)

24. goldrush28

goldrush28 Well-Known Member

If I'm the last one in the country to get Jellybean?

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews