• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JellyBean 4.3 update NO Video player works

EQX1

Lurker
Jul 30, 2013
Just updated to the supposedly new and wonderful 4.3.
Since then can no longer watch my videos.
Regreting taking the update so soon.
Wondering if there is a way to return to 4.2, or
does anyone know of a Video player thats works w/ this new update?

Tried what others say works but does not. (mxplayer,vlc)

NEXUS 7 (2012) ROOTED.
VIDEOS STORED ON DEVICE

I bought the Nexus 7 mainly for watching videos, copy them from usb thumb drive to device.

Any ideas ???

:(:(:(

Try VLC...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon

Bare in mind this is beta, and I don't know if it works with 4.3. The MX devs will obviously have to fix the 4.3 incompatibly problem, presumably they might be aware of it.

What format are your videos in, MP4, or something like MKV, DivX, e.g. downloaded movies? The default Android video player should play normal MP4 correctly, but might not play MKV or DivX.

That's the thing with a Nexus device. You're always the first to get the new OS, before it hits the mainstream. So if there are any incompatibility problems with existing apps, you might have to wait for them to be fixed. Until last month I was using 4.0 ICS, and only upgraded to 4.1 JB because I bought a new phone

Upvote 0
Let me know if u find a solution. Having the same problem with CNN and MLB APPS .. NO VIDEO PLAYBACK

That's paid subscription as well. If people can't watch something like MLB TV with 4.3, that could cost them money in cancelled subscriptions. They'll probably want to get that fixed very soon. Have you tried contacting MLB and CNN, see what they have to say about it?

This is the kind of thing that has to be fixed before 4.3 rolls out beyond the Nexus reference devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones