1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jellybean has ruined my phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stykthyn, Dec 6, 2013.

1. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

I did the OTA update and my battery life went to crap. I am down to 50% or less by lunch just listening to mp3's and the phone randomly reboots 4or 5 times a day which isnt helping the situation.
    Before the update everything was great and I LOVED my phone. I tried doing a factory data reset to see if that would help and no dice. Same problems. Can someone help before I chuck this phone into the garbage disposal?
    :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I thought the update only ruined Samsung S3 and S4 phones.

Bring the phone back to the dealer or carrier and tell them - nicely, at first - that since they ruined the phone, they get to make it work as well as it did when you bought it. At their expense, of course. And lending you a phone to use while they work on yours might be a good business move on their part too. (So might calling their corporate offices and telling them to stop sending out the update.)

3. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

You must do a factory days reset after a revision change. Yes, it sucks, yes, it's stupid. Yes, it makes no sense. Yes it is a pain in the ass. All of that is true, however it must be done just the same. Jellybean runs very well on this phone...

After a factory data reset!

4. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

I did do the factory reset

5. gioakjoe

gioakjoe Newbie

I think the complete opposite I had to pull battery 4 or 5 times a day before the update now I have yet to freeze my phone since. It also lasts a lil bit longer. I almost bought my phone back because of how many battery pulls i was doing a day reminded to much of my old commando and why I bought the new one.

anyways after update its been amazing im sorry for urs Id get them to replace it.

6. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

My phone idle is 23%. Is that abnormally high? My girlfriends s4 is less than 12%.

7. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

My phone idle is 23%. Is that abnormally high? My girlfriends s4 is less than 12%.

8. motumbo

motumbo Member

You should take in account s4's battery is much bigger so that's maybe it's spending the same amount of energy but consuming less battery percentage.

9. JKH62

JKH62 Member

You likely have a bad phone.

The update has made my phone 100% better with no negative issues. I did not have to do a factory reset either. I had a ballistic app (Shooter) that would not run on the Commando 4G / worked fine on the old one. After getting the Jellybean update its working great.

10. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

Uupdate. Phone works great at the house. I am wondering if the WiFi or the connections at work are killing my phone. Hasn't rebooted and I've gone all day without charging and still have plenty of battery life left.

11. redfishsc

redfishsc Well-Known Member

If I keep my phone off of 4G and WiFi, I can get 3 days out of it with normal talk/text use (maybe a few minutes a day max on voice).

12. redfishsc

redfishsc Well-Known Member

I did the update, and everything (so far) seems to work fine except Youtube. Worked just fine earlier today. Not working at all now. Network error (400). Not sure what to do about it. WiFi running just fine otherwise.

The phone does seem a touch more responsive. More "crisp" if that makes sense.

13. mkhol

mkhol Newbie

Had horrible battery drain after update. Called Verizon to complain, didn't want to do factory reset as I read on here....they had me do a batter pull and that worked....no issues w/battery now. !

14. stykthyn

stykthyn Newbie

ok let me shift gears here and focus on this part of the problem. Why would my phone randomly reboot only when connected to the network at my office. My C771 would do the same thing. when connected to the wifi only at work it will randomly reboot. Is there a network setting I can enable/disable to rectify this? I went through my wakelock detector and I couldnt see anything out of the ordinary.

Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando 4G LTE release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews