1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps JellyBean MR1 -- Wireless & Networks options not appearing

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by gurumath, Jan 17, 2013.

1. gurumath

gurumath Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    Hi,

I am porting a WiFi driver to ANDROID JB-MR1 using a proprietary tarball for a MIPS based platform. When I build and load ANDROID binaries, everything is fine -- except that, I am unable to see Wireless & Networks options on the Settings screen. All the 3 options related to Wireless & Network settings (to enable WiFi, Bluetooth and Data usage) have disappeared from the settings page. However all other items in the page are in tact.

* I am able to build, load the WiFi driver, launch wpa_supplicant and even scan for Routers using command line (wpa_cli).
    * I think I have all the changes needed in hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c
    * My frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/AndroidManifest.xml file has the entry:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE" />

What else, am I missing here?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. gurumath

gurumath Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    Further to the query above, I believe there is a place where we specify the device capabilities such as WiFi and Bluetooth based on which the ANDROID UI settings appear. Right?

Can anybody point me to such a build setting?

Thanks.

3. gurumath

gurumath Lurker
    None

Jan 17, 2013
    My Bad...a missing WiFi permission as a result of messing up with the existing directory structure.