1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

JellyBean userguide/faq/tutorials

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by elfere, Apr 26, 2013.

1. elfere

elfere Newbie

So my Galaxy S2x t989 got Jelly Bean (better late then never)
    and I've read about all the wonderful things that it supposedly has... but hard as i try i cannot find a user guide/faq/tutorial.

for example. it says i can access the camera right from the lock screen - with a brief description of how. try as i might i can't get it to work.
    camera says it can do some fancy new 'ultra contrast' shots, but i've looked everywhere and i don't see any option to take it.
    i could give more examples, but i won't.

please don't just tell me how to do those two things - i want some user guides or something.

Advertisement

2. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

elfere likes this.
  3. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast

You can find official manuals for your T989 by copying the text of the web link below into your Web browser or clicking on the web link itself
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-T989ZKBTMB

Slug likes this.
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

camera on lock screen is two things. 1) face unlock, which seems to work half the time but does save the marks on the screen from swipe unlock, and 2) the icon on the lock screen, may be removed if on a custom launcher like TouchWiz or Sense, Motoblur.

Overall JB is a lot like ICS, but most of the improvements are behind-the-scenes, it is much faster and far more stable than ICS, and seems to have a lot less trouble with crashing, force closing or throwing ANRs (and ANR is a pop-up alert similar to a force close but is more like MS Office's Clippy asking you something akin to 'hey it looks like [app name] isn't responding. do you want to close it?')

There is also Google Now, which i've found ten times more functional to use than Siri (Apple). i've even started using it on my iPhone in place of Siri.