1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jellybean ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lohung, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

i am confused... what is jellybean? its newer then ICS? and will it automatically push to us?

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

Its the latest OS for android ans it should see the One X.

3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

JB will be pushed to all GNexi at some point. Verizon will probably be last, if that is the one you have. The unlocked GSM version has already got it I believe.

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Correct.

Ice Cream Sandwich is Android 4.0

Jelly Bean is Android 4.1

Google names their Android versions after sweet things. I guess Key Lime Pie is next year? ;)

It comes with MAJOR enhancements that I believe you will LOVE! Having been on it for 2 weeks now, there is no way I would go back to Ice Cream. I am on Verizon, but am unlocked and rooted. Stock users will have to wait some time, I imagine, for Verizon to release it.

5. Lohung

i am VZW and i live in PA

anyone else got it from here?

6. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member

I'm in L.A. and a VZN clerk told me that i may have to wait until the end of the year(BFS!!!!)the nerve of him. Im not rooted but this is redonculous.....

7. Foxspeed

Foxspeed Android Enthusiast

My Gnex has been updated (UK) and I don't really know what 'extras' have been added apart from Google Currents and Play Magazines the latter not yet released in the UK!

So what have I that I haven't realised with JB?

8. mogelijk

mogelijk Android Expert

Here is the list of all the things that have changed.

9. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Android Enthusiast

Dude, just sit tight. Nobody on Verizon has received the update. In fact, Verizon hasn't even announced when they'd be releasing it. If you want it now, you'll have to root.

10. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

Does verizon ever announce it until maybe the day before.

Also, I don't know if the poster was trolling, is rooted, or just accidentally used the word "else" but as written it says that the poster HAS received jellybean.

11. Lohung

this guys post says the unlocked GSM has it... so thats why i said ELSE

and no it wasnt a troll -_-

12. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

Got ya. I only put it as an option because a lot of people go on boards and claim they have got updates they don't for trolling purposes. I was not suggesting that was you but it was possible.

Verizon has not released the update. Personally, I hope it comes 2nd week of August.

13. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

[​IMG]
    Jelly Bean is great. On my two new GSM Galaxy Nexus (my wife and I), we already have 4.1.1.;) We're both on Straight Talk, but that doesn't matter -- the GSM update comes straight from Google.

My wife's got upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1.1 OTA. Within 10 minutes of it being turned on out of the box, said an update was ready. It was 4.1.1.

By that point, I already had mine rooted and loaded with clockwork recovery and never got the OTA update notification. So, I flashed a 4.1.1 ROM with Beats audio. :D
    [ROM][20JUL] AndroidME v1.3.0 | 4.1.1 JB JRO03C | Stable | Smooth - xda-developers

I updated myself!

____

This is the "general" Galaxy Nexus section. It's not a section for Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Anyone can post and the question was asked what was "jelly bean".

And MOST Galaxy Nexus owners NOW have Jelly Bean. Google started rolling it out July 12 to the GSM Nexus owners, who are the majority.

'Google rolls out Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Nexus in US, UK' - Times Of India

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/07/20/frustration-over-verizon-galaxy-nexus-jelly-bean-update/

DMajor239 likes this.
  14. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

I was replying not to the OP but another poster, who replied back their intent in kind. I also have clarified that I was not calling the poster a troll but just saying that his wording suggested he was VZW with the OTA already. He clarified already and all is good. So I am not sure if you missed that or not but my comment was not about OP.

15. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

OK, I sort of missed your meaning. Sorry.

16. Lohung

The More you know... :D

17. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

No big deal but this is what I like about this forum. Not very much drama. People can admit minor errors, appreciate your reply

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: