• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
I just flashed AOSP Jelly Bean alpha 3 on my phone, and it is working great! There are a couple minor bugs, but nothing that would keep this from being a dd. Everything is fast and smooth.

The only problem I have seen in the last few hours is the gallery doesn't sync with Picasa albums, which sucks for me since I use Picasa for all my pictures. Oh well, it's an alpha ROM

So after using for a couple days I have a little more to report. Audio streaming over bluetooth doesn't work. Also headphone volume is pretty low. A couple times while playing scramble the phone has slowed down and lagged terribly, but I just exit the game and everything goes back to normal.

Other than that, it is stable, no reboots. Battery life is comparable to other ROMs. No LOS.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info on how JB is running. Did you see any issues with ICS and Exchange email accounts? That is my biggest pain point with ICS...I continue to get the error that I cannot sync, etc.

Please tell me that this is fixed with JB??? :)

Thanks!

I don't use exchange, so I don't know. My wife has used the exchange touchdown app from Google Play since GB and never had any problems at all with it.

Do you know when Alpha 6 is coming out? And when it does come out how would i go about updating my phone to Alpha 6 from Alpha 5?

When A6 is released just download the zip, then boot into recovery -> install zip from internal memory, then choose the A6 zip. Then clear cache and dalvik, flash gapps, then you will be all set

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones