1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Jellybean ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaay Dogg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

Has anyone tried flashing jellybean to there galaxy s2 4g ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steeljack99

steeljack99 Well-Known Member

there are some jelly bean roms/leaked-updates for the Epic Touch 4g which is essentially the exact same phone, but flashing them to this phone would cause MMS/Data issues since they are for T-mobile, you could try flashing them and then tweak the APN settings and the MMs url by going to your dialer and typing ##DATA## but a lot of people are still saying they had issues even after these tweaks. i suggest waiting for some one to port these roms over or wait for Samsung's JB updates they are claiming they have planed for this phone in late Jan :eek:

Hope this helps :D

3. Octahedron

Octahedron Newbie

False, they're for sprint and the only issue people are reporting is broken mms. You can fix mms just by editing a few setting. If they were for tmo, they probably wouldn't even boot.

4. steeljack99

dude, people are reporting a number of issues including 4g and 3g, read through the forums, also the epic touch 4g is more similar to this one than the sprint variation, also they all boot, including the T-Mobile, bottom line these few settings you are claiming fixes the issues arnt working for everyone other wise this section of the forum wouldn't be flooded with these types of threads or ones like "HELP I FLASHED A ROM AND NOW MY PHONE WONT CONNECT TO THE NETWORK"

5. mhlsilverdale

mhlsilverdale Member

What's your source of information for this statement? I've yet to find any specific update information on the scheduling of updates for the VM/Boost variants of the model. You'd like to think that Samsung is sort of on the hook for issuing the update after the general statements they made earlier this year about "all" S2's getting the JB update.

6. Octahedron

Octahedron Newbie

Epic Touch 4g IS the Sprint variant. :p

7. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

Yea.. think he got his phone names mixed up. :eek:

8. steeljack99

even if they dont (pretty sure they are) im SURE some one will port it
    :proud:

9. Jaay Dogg

Jaay Dogg Android Expert

Links to said named roms above ???

10. peter counias

peter counias Android Enthusiast

Check out the epic 4g touch development site these rims work on our phone but that are sprint rims you may have good luck with these as a base for your development l hope you can use them!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews