• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek has cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My phone just went crazy with alerts from the local stations that Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Trebek has stated that he is going to fight this--but its odds are bleak. Generally speaking...well, let's just say that most people, once diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, don't have much time left. :(

I appreciate his humor, saying that he has to live because his Jeopardy! contract holds him to hosting for three more years. :)

Sending healing thoughts his way...

He's always had a terrific sense of humor (in case you missed a recent example in Funny Pictures).
Thanks! I hadn't seen it. Betty White...what can I say?! :D
Stage 4 of any kind of cancer doesn't yield a good prognosis.
Yeah, it's usually bleak, and pancreatic is like the worst of the worst. However, there's always hope...

My aunt's sister, who's in her 70s, was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer; it had metastasized throughout her body. Her prognosis was terrible, a few months at most. But she chose aggressive treatment, including surgery and chemotherapy, which made her sick and weak. But she soldiered on--and is still hanging in there some four years later. So you never know.
I have always liked him and wish him the very best.
Same here. I had stopped watching Jeopardy! for awhile after my mom died in 2013, because it made me sad. (We usually watched it together in her room.) I resumed watching in 2016. I've seen some amazing players, including Cindy Stowell, who was dying of colon cancer when she appeared, and the hilarious Austin Rogers. :)

I want Alex to beat this...damn it...

Reactions: Milo Willamson
Upvote 0
Thanks! I hadn't seen it. Betty White...what can I say?! :D

Yeah, it's usually bleak, and pancreatic is like the worst of the worst. However, there's always hope...

My aunt's sister, who's in her 70s, was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer; it had metastasized throughout her body. Her prognosis was terrible, a few months at most. But she chose aggressive treatment, including surgery and chemotherapy, which made her sick and weak. But she soldiered on--and is still hanging in there some four years later. So you never know.

Same here. I had stopped watching Jeopardy! for awhile after my mom died in 2013, because it made me sad. (We usually watched it together in her room.) I resumed watching in 2016. I've seen some amazing players, including Cindy Stowell, who was dying of colon cancer when she appeared, and the hilarious Austin Rogers. :)

I want Alex to beat this...damn it...
Stopped watching the show when my grandmother got ill, due to her swallowing of her hearing aids. I used to be a gameshow junkie back in the day. Maybe that is why the intellgent got attatched to this old brain of mine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones