• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root JIT and stock Eris

I find my phone completely unstable with JiT running. First thing I do is turn it off now. If I leave it on all apps for me with start force closing after a few days.

xtrSense is a good choice. It is a stock sense install with expanded root options like JiT.

Which app is giving you issues and have you actually tried xtrSense?

Upvote 0
My Kindle app will not work for with any custom ROM. I get the "invalid book" error. However I am able to run it with stock/rooted/over-clocked using Zanfurs kernel. If I could find a fix so my books would download I would use xtrROM as that is my current favorite.

thetingster,

I've got the Kindle app on my Eris which is loaded w/Ivan's Eris Official 1.0 (yeah, its kind of old, passe' ROM nowadays, but its a solid ROM that does all that I need it to). Its probably similar to PlainJaneT2 in how it was built.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
That's weird. I have run the Kindle app on Kaos Froyo, Nonsensikal, Vanilla 2.0.3, CELB Froyo and now xtrROM 4.2.1 and it runs perfectly fine. When I flash a new version I always restore from Titanium, and then it makes me log in twice, but after that, all is fine.

I'm running xtrROM pretty stock - the only gscript I ran was to remove the Amazon MP3 Store.

Upvote 0
Okay I flashed Celb 3.0 which was very cool. But I still had a problem with my kindle books. I noticed xtrROM's newest version, 4.6 and flashed it. Wham, everything is working, my books loaded up just right.

I have begun to suspect that JIT is what is preventing Kindle books from loading. I currently do not have JIT enabled on xtrROM 4.6

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones