• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jittery touchscreen

Magnnus

Lurker
Dec 25, 2012
I recently got the Kyocera Hydro for my girlfriend as a Christmas present. She loves the new phone, but I've noticed that the touchscreen has weird, jittery, responsiveness. It is mostly noticeable when trying to move icons on the homescreen. When just holding an icon in place it will jump rapidly around the area where my finger is, as if the touchscreen can't quite figure out where I'm pressing.

I've never experienced this with an android device, but I'm also used to having higher end devices myself. Do other people with this device have the same experience? Or am I likely looking at a defective model?

A somewhat late update, in case anyone had or has the same problem.

After a couple of days the touchscreen settled into normal, non-jittery operation. I wouldn't say that our fingers were particularly sweaty, but I do live in a fairly humid area. It's possible that the phone was moist while sealed and hidden away. Regardless, it's working fine now without needing any replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones