• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JKay Deluxe Settings (ICS) now out

Cheers old boy!

Just what the doctor ordered.

I'm trying to decide if I feel bad about you slaving over this JKay, LPI, framework last night whilst I was out carousing.... Nah! :party:

(Actually... I do feel a tad, "under the weather", this morning... :puke: )

How did you manage to get your Asbo Tag off butty?
:thinking:

Upvote 0
How did you manage to get your Asbo Tag off butty?
:thinking:

A mystery old stick... probably its being worn by the cat whose bottom I was obviously licking last night... judging by the taste in my mouth!

(I just looked at your avatar and a horrible thought crossed my mind! :ahhhhh: )

On a serious note... how long did it take you to, "adapt", JKay's framework for LPI and why do you think it takes JKay so long?

Upvote 0
Jkay puts an "assert" command in all his scripts that basically locks the install to whatever version of firmware he chooses. In the current framework, he checks for "I9100XWLPG" for example, and if the ROM differs, the installation aborts.
I just took out the check.
This of course means that the framework is not as guaranteed to work as it was on the firmware to which it was designed, but I've had no problems so far. Its just a safety net that JKay uses as I'm sure there could be many problems out in the wide world otherwise. I'm sure he makes the odd change to the framework itself between versions, and its not just a case of changing the firmware check in the install script, but time after time i've done this and dont recall having problems.

Its a bit like Sale's mods. Eg. big screen caller ID. There seems to be a version per firmware, but I'm not sure why, as many are 100% identical

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
which Jkay framework one for DXLP9, Please provide the link with many thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums pammi29! :)

I'm afraid that there is no JKay framework for DXLP9 and not likely to be one as JKay has, thus far, only brought out his frameworks for XX and XW and has stated that he will not support older firmwares.

See Jkay's thread, here:-

JKay Deluxe framework - XWLPG/F/D/7 and XXLPW/S

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones