• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman Tonight 9-22-10

jamor

Android Expert
Apr 13, 2010
Planet Earth
He's on Letterman tonight.

Some of you might remember the past Joaquin Pheonix interview with Letterman.

The big controversy is whether it's a hoax (real life trolling) or if he is really gone a little wacky.

Well just when you thought he would never make it on a tonight show again, he is coming back tonight!

Can't wait to find out what happens.. for those of you who need a background:

YouTube - FULL INTERVIEW Joaquin Phoenix On Letterman 2-11-09

Well it's over a year later.. can't wait.

Reactions: eyebeam
abigail_breslin10.jpg

Upvote 0
D'oh! I forgot all about this. Got caught up in watching Criminal Minds on ION. So, what was the new interview like?

He came out clean shaven and well spoken.

The whole thing was an act/elaborate hoax.. He's not quitting acting and he's certainly not starting a hip hop career.

Pretty much fooled most of the country for roughly 18 months.

Get this man an Academy Award.

During the interview he said he noticed that Reality TV shows are setups/fake and that all you need is to do is use your real name and to play it off as real. So that's what he copied and it worked.

I definitely fell for it though. I thought he had a bad couple months of acid and peyote trips and other drug use that turned him wacky or something. I've seen it happen to several people which didn't help my gullible side. In the back of my mind I had a feeling it could be a hoax so it didn't completely escape me - but the acting was so good so it was hard to not believe it. After you read enough articles about the documentary and all this other stuff you get suttle hints that it's a hoax.

Dr. Drew fell for it too and publicly diagnosed him with a severe mental illness. Phoenix noted in the interview he felt bad for "keeping dr. drew up at night."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones