1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Joined the club!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paul_H, May 9, 2011.

1. Paul_H

Paul_H Lurker
    None

May 8, 2011
    I purchased at the weekend a flytouch 3 superpad 2, then I found out there seems to be a lot of controversy over them! Have I been duped?:mad: can you get this pad to work anything like reasonably?:cool: I've had Android phones since the G1 so quite used to flashing roms and gaining super user rights and i'm aware all devices are different.

Looking over a few other threads you seem to be a clued up bunch so can you tell me what are the best things I can do to get my flytouch working well straight out of the box? (should have it tomorrow)

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

Advertisement

2. Roidz99

Roidz99 Member
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    out of the box it haves many flaws, doesnt mather if u got the clone or the original (clones should have same hardware most of the time anyway)

best is to update asap to tims roms imo

there are links to his rom on this forum section so i suggest u start reading up :)

and grats on yr buy

3. GMANROD

GMANROD Newbie
    None

May 14, 2011
    Hello Driod Members - I just purchase the following FlyTouch 3 Super Pad off of Ebay. Should arrive in 10 days...I've read mixed reviews but after a little decision making, figured I'd drop $200 for this cool but questionable Tablet.

Here are the specs -

Brand / Model:Flytouch 3 / SuperPAD 2 Operating System: Google Android 2.2CPU / Speed:Infotmic ARM11 1Ghz CPUScreen / Resolution:10.2" inch 1024x600 resistive TFT touch screen System Memory: (RAM)512MB DDR2Hard Drive:4GB NAND Flash (2GB for OS, 2GB available space)GPS:Yes, come with GPS antennaWi-Fi:Yes, 802.11b/gLAN (RJ45):Yes, 10/100 Ethernet3G/3.5G (HSDPA):Yes, support external USB 3G modem recommend 3G modem: HUAWEI E1750Bluetooth:NoCamera:Yes, 1.3 mega pixel Audio:Built in x2 high quality speakers (0.5w) and microphoneColor:Silver Expansion Card Slot:Support Micro SD / T-Flash, Max 32GBI/O Ports:USB2.0 host x2, 3.5mm audio jack, DC in, TF card slot, mini HDMI, RJ45 Ethernet, GPS antenna Keyboard:Yes, US screen keyboard or external USB keyboard Mouse & Touch Pad:Yes, built in touch pad or external USB mouseDisplay Output:HDMI v1.3 full HD 1080P decoding, high-definition movie playbackBattery Pack:Rechargeable Li-ion battery 5800mAhBattery Life:Approx. 3-4 hoursPower Adapter:100-220V Input, 9V DC Output, 2ADimensions:Approx. 270mm(H) x 170mm(W) x 25mm(D)NET Weight:Approx. 720gTotal Weight:Approx. 1.5KG with packing boxLanguage:Multi-languageGame & Apps:Can download thousands of 3D games and apps by android marketMusic Player:support MP3,WMA,MP2,OGG,AAC,M4A,MA4,FLAC,APE,3GP,WAV,suppo rt playlistVideo Player:Support AVI, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV, MOV, MP4,PMP,MPEG, MPG, FLV, 3GP, MPG, H.264, etc.E-Book Reader:Support WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, TXT, etc.....Picture Viewer:Support JPG, JPEG, GIF......Internet Browser:Google Chrome web browserInternet Massage: MSN, Gtalk, Skype, QQ......Email:YesSpecial Function:Gravity inducer (G-Sensor), Android market, Google map, YouTube

Now - will I need to immediately update the software when this thing arrives, which site can I download the best working software, since this is the FlyTouch 3 it only comes with one card reader, right?...Also, what is the maximum size SD Card that I can use?..I read a thread elsewhere that said, a 32Gig SD Card would not work?...I have read good reviews on this Tablet, and I have read some bad reviews also. I purchased the USB keyboard but worried it might crash, based on a review I read. They mention the keyboard always crashed?....What I'd like to know is; Do you think its the Hardware, software, or a combintion of both?....I hear that Andriod software was not engineered for the larger screened tablets?. Again, this is just what I have read from others and their complains...I think for $200 its worth giving it a shot!....One last thing - will it stream NetFlicks?...God I hope so..?.......Hope to hear from all of you who have worked through most of the bugs.......Thanks

4. kenewto

kenewto Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    I just ordered mine tonight also. I have the same questions. I didn't bother with the keyboard I heard any USB keyboard would work. I'll find out. I don't really like little cheesy keyboards anyhow. I did get a car charger.

5. kenewto

kenewto Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    Just ordered a Flytouch 3, 512mb/8gig and 6000mah battery. All in all, I'm looking for an ebook reader and something I can watch movies on. The GPS might be handy. It would be cool looking at the 10" screen. It will be an email reader and some internet browsing but I doubt that it will ever be my primary device for that.

I've ROM'd my droid x and love it. So far I am undecided if it is worth the effort to ROM the flytouch3. I'll try it a while and see if things work. I picked the Flytouch3 because of this forum. Thanks folks.

6. wiewiorcwaniak

None

May 7, 2011
    -
    here
    Don't worry! I have FlyTouch SuperPad 2 since last week :), today i upgraded the external microSd to 32 gb - and it is working (Sandisk 32 gb Class 4). Also i changed firmware to Tim's 3d, waiting for 4a now :). On market there is lot of free apps - for ebooks - like adobe reader etc... also for movies, but the video player included to firmware is very good - plays mkv, avi and rmvb.

kenewto likes this.
  7. adamlayzell69

adamlayzell69 Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2011
    I got my FT3 over a week ago and i did think it was a little sluggish out of the box. I re-flashed it to Tim latest ROM and its as fast as hell. Im also getting a good 8 hours out of the battery including watching films and browsing the internet. Well worth

BQB likes this.